• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long.....

How long after living together did ur buns fall in love?

• Straight away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than a week

• Less than 2 weeks

• Less than a month

• several months

• imm still waiting...................

• Total voters

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
did it take your bunnies to bond.

This is not the same as a recent similar thread because I would like to know how long have they LIVED together before they fell in love......

Thanks, theo and cleo still arent mates.....

Hmm, I think this is a difficult question to answer.

My most recently bonded pair are Sh*tty and Winston - Sh*tty hated Winston for at least the first couple of weeks and would chase him and bite his bum!

They didn't bond until Sh*tty had an emergency spay and couldn't bite Winston with the lampshade on her head. Also...Winston developed a plastic fetish and started licking and rubbing Sh*tty's lampshade - which she absolutely loved for some reason :oops:

Love blossomed from there :lol:

So....Not much help unless one of your bunnies needs emergency surgery :shock: (hope not :shock: )

my two only took a couple of weeks. However with my boyfriends recently bonded trio the two girls took a while to become friends. I'd say about a month? They lived together and tolerated each other with just a couple little spats but now will happily seek each other out and groom each other.

Have you tried the stress bonding thing? Running the hoover near them, car journey's etc?

oh yeah..... everything

they live together no problem-

.....but stay very seperate and fight occasionaly ( by that i mean grunting and chasing and stamping and hair pulling - all one sided)

Jemma&Theo said:
oh yeah..... everything

.....but stay very seperate and fight occasionaly ( by that i mean grunting and chasing and stamping and hair pulling - all one sided)

Exactly how my two are with each other after the vet separating them incident. :cry:

we were so lucky with ours - they sat next to each other and thumper always flops andlays next to lily and she always grooms him but they only have started lieing next to ech other the past 10 days or so, i thin klaying next to each other is the last thing they do :)

I've had various with mine, Charlie introduced himself to Flopsy and it was love at first sight, Jacob was introduced to Shadow and Ginger and they think he's all that and he knows it :D When I introduced Sam, Cindy, Flopsy and Charlie it took a couple of weeks for Cindy and Flopsy to become real friends and in my big group the boys pretty much all just get on with it but Shadow and Flopsy will never be great mates, they get on but more in a tollerating way - I think it all depends on the character of the rabbit. My boys are pretty laid back, especially Charlie and Jacob (the bosses), the four boys can be a bit sparky but get on well with everyone, it's the girls with their strong personalities who bicker sometimes and argue about who's boss - the answer is Shadow every time but the others like to challenge occassionally! :D

Crystal and Honey were great with each other straight away :shock: which is amazing to me because Crystal has never accepted another bun until Honey came along and they've been best friends since even though their both girls lol

Dillion fell in love with Honey in a second, bonding was not a option they were toatally inserable from day one, The whole process of bonding went out the window, When Dillion died we got Harley, that was not as easy it took ages to become love, They were friends for about a month and then the just changed and they are great together now :D

Audrey and Rowan had a difficult bonding as they had a big fight, but after a week they really loved each other.

My previous pair were together a couple of months and I'm not sure they were ever properly in love- one used to sit out in the run and the other inside.

I guess they're all different, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

fluffiebunnie said:
Jemma&Theo said:
oh yeah..... everything

Exactly how my two are with each other after the vet separating them incident. :cry:

Same as Trip and Scarlett were after her spay :( First time I bonded them there was no chasing or anything at all, they just ignored each other then the next day were cuddling and grooming a few days after that :D After the spay they had to be seperated because Trip was chasing her, but I bonded them again on Friday. They dont seem as in love as they were before but are are grooming and laying down together so hopefully they be ok together now :D

And I was just really lucky when Buu got into Beau's territory and they just started grooming straight away :lol: Im still hutch swapping though now because she wasnt so happy when I intorduced him to her garden :lol: They are fine with each other in the house though.

How long have they been living together Jemma?

A tricky question, from my own fairly extensive bonding experience I would have to say it very much varies, I have had some whom 2 weeks later have not snuggled but have tolerated each other and then gone on to be really good with each other, others will be settled within hours of meeting.

For me I would have to say it varies very much between rabbits, often the ones who take longer end up the most loved up bunnies! Its a bit like humans some you gel with quickly, others it takes much longer :D

Well with Fudge and Furby it was a perfect bonding and they seemed in love straight away..
Bertie and Fizz took longer to bond, they were living together okay but didn't snuggle and groom each other for a week or thinking about it could of been longer...

To me the love stage come after grooming, at the point where thay are always snuggled together.

Fiver & Scout took a few days. (docile pair)

Mable & Milo a couple of months (both dominant)

Adding Marley to Scout & Fiver it took a few weeks. (Marley, yes the tiny one, dominant)

Very variable!!!

Harley and Jen seemed very loved up as soon as they came home (after a few days)

Jen and Frankie have taken longer but I think that's because they both see themselves as dominant bunnies - Frankie grooms Jen occasionally but she often ignores his requests for grooming. They have settled down though and cuddle up together now :love:

For a while I think the problem was me - Jen would snuggle with Frankie but then dash over to me if I went near the hutch, so for the first fortnight I spent as little time 'with them' as possible - they still got lots of time in the run and were groomed etc, but I didn't stroke or fuss either rabbit particularly. I was trying to let Jen know that she's a rabbit and that Frankie should be her #1 buddy, if that makes sense :D Could Theo still be very attached to you Jemma?

None of my current buns (group of 4) are as loved up as my previous pair (never found one more than 3 metres from the other). That pair fell in love after about 5 seconds.

With my current bunch:
Stuart has lived alone for a long time and I think he is only slowly learning how to cuddle. After three months of living in a group I saw him two days ago, for the first time, choose to sit next to another rabbit. This has not been repeated yet.

Crackers is bullied by Stuart but knows not to get too close. They are slowly decreasing the distance that they can tolerate between them. This is the best I am expecting.

Bluebell bullies Laikin in a small way.

None of them cuddle for hours, lying with their heads together, but they do interact and give each other half-hearted head licks. Just like people I suppose - some are demonstrative and know that they need love, others just hang around with friends and accept what comes without demanding more.

Saying that Tracie.....Marley has so lost his attatchment to me now, he even runs away from me with the others when i go to get them in :( but at least he is happy. This has only started to happen in the last couple of weeks so its taken a few months.

Back