• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

James - a whole year later.

xEMMAx

Warren Veteran
It's a very sad day for me today... on May 8th last year I lost my very special James bun to flystrike. I can't believe a whole year has passed... I still remember it like yesterday. I can honestly say it was the worst day of my life. Not a single week has gone by without crying at least once, people say it gets easier but for me it certainly hasn't, and I can't see it ever getting better :cry: :cry:

The last few years of his life he was a single bun and because of this I had a special bond with him because all my attention was towards him. Through my tough early teen years he listened to all my problems and he was my little baby. I loved him so very much :cry: :cry: I still blame myself for what happened, it could have been prevented and I should have checked him more. I had planned to go to the vets that following week to get some rearguard for him... if only I'd had the vets a week earlier :cry: I HATE myself for letting him go to the bridge the way that he did, I always thought he'd have a long happy life and die peacefully with me by his side :cry: :cry:

I have work later today and I don't know how I'm going to cope... there's always someone making horrible jokes about my rabbits :cry:

I didn't mean for this to be such a long post, but I know people here would understand, I just needed to say something. I just wanted to say that I still love and miss James very much and I'l NEVER forget my special little boy... he took a part of me with him when he went to the bridge :cry:

Baby_Bunny_by_bacardibabe88.jpg

james15.jpg

james1.jpg

james.jpg

james2-1.jpg

jameswc.jpg

Love you James xxxx

I hope that along with the sadness you feel for having lost James you will also be able to feel happy that you shared his life. I do know how hard it is to cope with the loss of a very special Bun and the passage of time does not always make it easier

Janex

Aww he was a beautifully cute bunny, try to remember him as he was and ignore any stupid remarks from work

I am so sorry. I lost my bun to flystrike too, and know how terrible the guilt is. You gave him a good, happy life. Pity the people from your work who have so little idea how much a rabbit can give you.

please don't be so hard on yourself..you obviously loved him dearly and I'm sure he knew it....
as for the people at work..they obviously don't have a heart and are not worth thinking about!

Some people don't think about their comments :evil:

Remember the good times - I'm sure there were loads!! :D The first time you saw him binky?! :love: :love:

Its the non-bunny people who are missing out.. :bunny: :bunny:

aww Emma ((hugs)) I know exactly how you feel. As you know I lost my big baby Bilbo to flystrike even though he was clean and kept as a house bun, so it really can happen to anyone, no matter how careful we are. I know this doesn't stop the guilt as, Like you, not a day goes by when I don't think about Bilbo. It will be 2 years this year but it seems like yesterday :cry: .
those pics of him are so cute :D it must have been wonderful to see him grow up and for you to form that specail bond. He will always be with you in some way, I really do believe that a strong bond can never be broken. James will be with you in spirit today, he won't want you to cry.
I hope you're ok

What a beautiful bun he was. (hugs) Thinking of you. I know grief is a terrible thing and I hope with time it gets easier for you. :-(

Thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate your comments :) Found it very hard today but my friends and the replies on here have really helped me. Plus mum is getting me a big box of 12 Krispy Kreme donuts tomorrow :oops:

I do try and think of the good times, but it's so hard, I miss him so much :cry:
Rainbow, yes it was great seeing him grow up from a little baby! I'll never forget what a wonderful experience that was and I feel so lucky to have shared his whole life with him. I just hope he was as happy.

Nobody at work said anything rabbit related but it felt like everyone was being nasty to me which really upset me (the manager knew I was really upset but still kept snapping at me, I know I was at work but please, have some consideration!) and I really didn't want to be there :(

Thank again everyone :)

Back