• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2nd bunny with bloat has died...

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
went sometime this afternoon, I was amazed he hung on so long. tried doing as much as I could for him but the death of these 2 bunnies has broke my heart. Everyone says I couldn't of done anymore but you can't help but feel guilty and that you could of done more.

They were only 3weeks old and must have died the most uncomfortable death. Hope they enjoyed their short time with us they were named Parsnip and Carrot. Parsnip has been buried on our allotment with a few reminders! cotton wool, a syringe, some milk powder, and a few dandelion leaves and grass which he never got to experience.

Will be doing the same tomorrow for Carrot.

Fingers crossed for the other 2 who seem extremely alert and active. Radish (Houdini) and Spudsy (though if he turns out to be a she the name must be changed!) Radish this morning jumped out of the cage door and landed in the bowl of dandelion leaves and started nibbling. Just couldn't wait for me to put them in there! They have been enjoying lots of runs around the hallway too having lots of fun! Radish even climbed up my trouser leg...:-D

Thanks so much for everyones advice lately, I'm afraid my posts were probably very confusing at times as I went into PANIC MODE.

Suzanne x

Oh I'm so sorry you tried so hard. At least he will be with his brother on the other side.

I'm glad the other two are doing OK.

I`m so sorry :cry: :cry: :cry:

But you`ve done so well, handrearing is extremely hard & you did everything you possibly could.

Sending loads of positive vibes for the others.....................

Su.x

I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope the other to continue to thrive, they sound quite the characters :D

I'm really sorry little Carrot didn't make it. Binky free. Sending lots of healing bunny vibes for the other two.. :cry: xxxxx

Back