• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding

nicole

Mama Doe
What type of bedding does your rabbit have?

I had been using chopped up cardboard but I think this had ittatated Mhairi's hocks, so I'm looking for something soft (not vet bed as she hated it).

I don't know if this helps but the vet said to me the other day to just bed Audrey on thick hay and straw to help her hocks.

I got some nice soft Russell Rabbit straw from Wilkinsons.

What kind of cage does your bun have?

Sophie hates anything on her floor and Rudy just has newspaper :D

(Although they are both inside)

House bunny has carpet and outside bunnies have lino, then they all have newspaper/woodshavings/hay in their litter trays.

cant ues eather on snoweys bed it gets cought in her fur she has newspapper but im going to get some lino for her hutch see if that works better for her

Mine are on a mix of shredded paper and russelstraw nice and soft, though the girls get it stuck in there long fur so need daily grooming, glad the boys are short haired :roll:

I think its personal perference to buns....i had loadsa trouble with maya. His eyes seemed to get worse when he was bedded on hay so hes on the ol' shredded paper. Bindi would probably like an empty cage...she moves all the bedding before laying down!!

Mine have vetbed, a pillowcase stuffed with shredded paper, and pieces of carpet dotted about the hutch. They tend to favour the carpet. They are in a shed outside too :)

mine have a combination of shredded paper and "safe Bed" its called which is like shredded cloth which is soft.

:)

xx

Squidgy has the fleecy pet blankets, as opposed to vet bed. He's an indoor bunny.

I have lots of the 99p carpet mats from morrisons and lots of hay over the top too. They love it and my rex Joey doesnt seem to get sore hocks. I have mats in the runs to prevent cold bottoms :oops: I use vet bed at times aswell :)

Hi,

My outdoor buns have newspaper with lots of hay on top. They have wood shavings in their poo corner. I am curious. Those of you with outdoor buns, I am always worried that they will be cold in the winter so put hay in all their hutch. I like the idea of carpet, vet bed etc but worry they'd be cold. Pictures would be good!

My lot have hay on their floor (paper underneath) and carpet on their 'sleeping shelf' (why they won't sleep on the hay is beyond me). At night, if it's cold, I put in their thermo vetbed for them to sleep on and a heatpad. If it is warm, I just put a bit of duvet in, I like to think they're sleeping on something soft.

Steph- I put mats in the run to stop cold bottoms too!

Back