• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOPE AND HER PANACUR.

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Hope is getting fed up with having to have all her medecine .

so far she has only refused 1 lot of panacur ...up to now she has had it in bread but today wouldnt eat it .so i had to syringe her with it .... :? :? :? :? she may be poorly but she still has a struggle in her ....most of it went all over me :lol:

im worried about stressing her by syringing so am looking for other ideas to get it down .....any suggestions .

the septrin still isnt a prob but it might get to be :? :?

i squeezed it in raspberry leeves and made a sandwich with them.

i also gave it in a little pile with a couple of none medicined leaves to try and trick him :wink:

Septrin is Banana flavoured. So if you have a liquidiser try making a 'nana drink. Then syringe a Panacur/'nana cocktail...

Is it the Panacur Liquid you are giving? If so, try dipping the end of the syringe you use in some honey or jam. The sweetness will disguise the yucky taste of Panacur (Yep, I have tried it and it is yucky!!!)

Janex

I was looking after my sisters buns and had to give them pancur in a paste form, I smeared it on some spring greens and folded it up, worked for a while, then they got wise so had to go back to syringing into their mouths :lol:

when mine had panacur paste i got a piece of dried kiwi broke it in half and squeezed the paste in there they just got a whiff of the dried fruit and gobbled it down before they realised it was medicated :lol:

hope Hope feels better soon :love:

I usually give my lot medication in half a dried apricot (you have o get organic ones or the have Sulphur on them). They have a really strong smell and taste and my lot have usually eaten them before they realise whats on them.

have you tried the anisseeed pump dispenser one? willow is getting used tothe taste thankfully! Bif isnt and she hated the plain panacur liquid. bertie takes the paste wonderfully..ocs he knows he getting a bit of dried banana after!
i know is such ahard task..seprtin smells nice but tastes yuk..

i wish there was an easier way but buns are like cats..i know youve put that awful stuf in my food..do you think im stupid..grunt! :lol:

i read on an US site that someone uses pinacolada mix without the rum.. :lol: and mixes it with the panacur to taste nice.. :shock:

Back