• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

pregnant doe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnysrule

New Kit
i got a rabbit thinking it was buck and put it with my other buck
alot of humping happened but i think it was dominence thing. but i was giving the buck a check over and i realised it was a girl. took him to vets to double check and he is infact a she.
so now i have a possible pregnant doe and i need lots of info

Hi, and welcome to RU

Unfortunately your bun could well be preggie, sadly shops (I'm assuming shes from a shop) are generally awful at sexing rabbits! :roll: Although had it been a buck, its doubtful he would have got on with your other bun being unneutered as two unneutered bucks usually fight quite badly and can't be housed together. Some neutered bucks will get along fine, depends on the bunnies.

In the meantime, you can get your male neutered at the vets so when mum has had the litter hes already done and you don't have to wait 6 weeks afterwards for him to become infertile. Then after she has recovered from the litter, she can be spayed, allowed several weeks to recover and you can try bonding them.

I have no advice when it comes to babies, so prehaps someone else can offer advice for you, but hopefully she won't be pregnant, as I'm sure she is awful young. You may also want to start finding homes, which is the tricky bit, as rabbits are so often neglected. Make sure any potentiual homes are prepared to look after a bun for 8-12 years, neuter them and vaccinated them every year against the deadly VHD and Myxi. Your own buns will need to be protected as well against VHD and Myxi if they haven't already. :wink: They should also have a good housing and run set up.
One tip, don't advertise them for free, as it will likely attract people wanting a cheap rabbit to breed, or a rabbit for their dog to chase! :shock:

Good luck! :D

How old is your female rabbit? How long have the two been together? It will be a start to help offer some advice. Are they both the same breed?

Louisa

I would have thought after being on here for 10 months you would know that putting two un-neutered males together is not a good idea. :wink:

Oh for goodness sake :roll:

And then new members wonder why we give Beth a hard time :roll: :roll:

But, as we have discusssed over the last few days, we should not attack people for buying a bunny in a pet shop, nor should we expect them to learn anything from this forum. We can only hope that this situation does not result in even more misery. :(

Words fail me.. :? I've always hung back from getting involved but it looks like most people were right all along :( . No further comment.

Maybe this person should take the buns to a vet or contact a nearby rescue for advice, there is only so much you can get from a forum, especially when we hear different stories on different forums and no one knows the entire story.

Or just do some research. try http://www.rabbitwelfarefund.co.uk/ under the information section.

Course this is Beth - she's also posted on 2 other sites about her pregnant bunny. She hasnt even spayed and neutered her other rabbits!!

Words fail me, really they do. :evil:

Maybe you should be so quick to jump to conclusions, whoever it was just wanted advice, even if you just post a link to somewhere relevant or a similar post and leave it at that, no need to engage in any discussion?

Getting angry won't help anyone, if you can't help it just don't post :?

louise and Gus said:
Maybe you should be so quick to jump to conclusions, whoever it was just wanted advice, even if you just post a link to somewhere relevant or a similar post and leave it at that, no need to engage in any discussion?

Getting angry won't help anyone, if you can't help it just don't post :?

I'm certainly not jumping to conclusions :wink: And i'm not angry, just very dissapointed.

Maybe if beth didn't get so much attention for her stories all the time things would calm down? Like I said either don't reply or post links to relevent info and don't get into discusson/debate? It doesn't seem to do any good :?

Well if it aint Beth an some people jumped to the conclusion it was the this person who has come for advice will probably not come back therefore not helping the buns in need.

If it is Beth, well there aint words to express and i don't want to offend so i'll stay quiet :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back