• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Rabbit Called ; Results 2007

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Here goes. We had an amazing 1118 names entered on the original thread entered by well over a hundred owners. It got quite amusing in the end, "my best friend's aunt's milkman has a rabbit called...", well, it felt like that anyway! As Gandhi said, "Everthing that happens to you is your teacher", and I have learnt things about how people arrive at their chosen names. I think I'll do the same thing next January (it's a quieter month) and I'll make it clearer from the outset that bridge bunnies are welcome too. On a more sombre note, as the thread lasted over a month, naturally some rabbits will have passed away. It is not my intention to upset anyone but if a rabbit was entered it has been included.

Another point to raise is similarity in names. Where should I draw the line? For example we have put together Bert and Bertie, Ben and Benny, Dylan and Dillon. After a lot of discussion we also added Bob, Bobby and Boaby (the Scottish derivative of Bobby) and many others that may be argued as contentious.

I would like to thank Maria for giving up Saturday to do all sorts of technical things with your entries and CottonMather in advance for the offer of "statistical analysis". As i have no imagination with a computer I look forward to her submission with an open mind.

There were 462 single names which I haven't listed below, maybe later when my fingers have recovered. I shall start with entries of 2 and go up to the most popular...

Albert Apple April Ash
Basil BB Belle Betty Biggles Blossom
Bluebell/Bluebelle Bournville/Bourneville Bracken
Caramel Casper Cassie Cerys Chester
China Chloe Cindy/Cinders
Daffodil Dandelion Dash Dave
Duchess/Dutchess Dudley Dumpling
Elvis Emily/Emily Asbo
Felicity Fudge
Gus Heather Ivy Izzy
Jacob Jamie Jasmine Jemima/Jemima-Belle
Jinxy Katie
Leila Libby Lucky Lucy Lulu
Mabel/Mable Mac/Mack Maddie Maggie Magic
Martha Marley Maya Midnight Miffy Mindy
Minstrel Miska Missy Misty Monica Monty Muffin
Nell/Nellie
Peach/Peaches Pebbles Penny Pepsi Piper
Pippin Pixie Polly
Rolo Roxy Rudy
Scamp/Scamper Scoot/Scooter Scruffy Shadow
Sir Dash About/Sir Victor Velveteen Smirnoff
Snowball Snowdrop Snowflake Sophie Sparky
Spice Stanley Star/Starr Starsky Storm Sweep
Tansy Tess Tinker/Tinnker Tinkerbell Twinkle
Valentine/Valentina Wesley Winston Zack/Zak

That's all the 2's. I'm going to post this up and post 3 plusses after.

Neil

Alice Annie Bandit Barley Blue/Bluey
Bonnie Boo/BooBoo/Buu Boots/Bootz
Buster Buttons Chocolate/Chockie Cleo/Clio
Clyde Cookie Cracker/Crackers/Kracker
Dougal Dusty Fern Flora Florence
Floss/Flossy/Flossie Fred/Freddie Grace Jake
Leo Little Happy/Ted/Jack Max Oliver/Ollie
Oscar Ozzie/Ozzy Patch Peter Pip Rocky
Roger Rufus Sam/Sammy/Samuel Tilly/TillyMint
Sparkle/Sparkles Thistle Tia/Tia Lucy
Tigger/Tiger/Teegra Toffee Truffle Wilbur

Abbie/Abby/Abbileah-Louise Alfie Crystal
Flopsy Honey Lola Maisie/Maisy
Meg/Meggie Simba Snoopy
Sugar William/Will

Amber
Archie
Benny/Ben
Bertie/Bert
Bramble
Dylan/Dillon
Hazel
Jack
Jasper
Scarlet/Scarlett

Angel
Barney
Bella
Billy
Clover
Harry
Harvey
Joey/Joe
Millie/Milly
Phoebe/Phobe/Phoebie
Poppet/Poppit
Ruby
Smudge
Snowy/Snowey/Snowie
Sooty
Teddy/Ted
Willow

Charlie
George/Georgie
Jess/Jessie/Jessica
Lilly/Lily

Benji/Benjamin
Bob/Bobby/Boaby
Molly
Poppy
Rosie
Smokie/Smokey

and the last three...

with 10 each...
Thumper
Holly

and the most popular Rabbit name on RU...

...with 14 entries...

:D :D DAISY :D :D

Apologies for any (unintentional) errors, if you spot anything awry please let me know.

Neil

Hi I'm probably being a bit thick but what do the different number mean? are they joint 5th etc?

EDIT: Thicko gets it now :lol:

Hi IsabelM,

2 is two entries for that name ie you and I both entered the name Gunner so Gunner is under 2. Does that make sense?

Neil

IsabelM said:
Hi I'm probably being a bit thick but what do the different number mean? are they joint 5th etc?

EDIT: Thicko gets it now :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

does it mean like 6th means 6 buns are called that name etc 7th 7 buns have the name

Thanks both, it has taken a while. It would cetainly help if we all called our rabbits Bugs or Blackie. On top of what I've posted above there's another 462 single names!

Neil

BirdieBun said:
wheres the name Tilly? I know of at least 2 BeckiBoos and Phill's

There are 3 Tilly's entered but Beckiboo unfortunately isn't there. We lost about 30 people's entries when the forum went down last and though most re-entered Becki didn't. I tried as hard as I could through the forum but didn't go as far as pm'ing people. I hope you understand.

Neil :D

:shock: Wow, well done Neil and Maria :)

Bet you'd no idea when you originally asked for names that it would turn into such a project :lol:

rosie_rabbit said:
:shock: Wow, well done Neil and Maria :)

Bet you'd no idea when you originally asked for names that it would turn into such a project :lol:

I thought 200-300 names would be a real result, so to get 1118 is :D :D .
I'd like to have a go next January...Rabbit Names 2008!

Neil

I must admit, when you first posted about it I wondered why but it is so interesting to see what everyone has named theor bunies. I didn't realise Daisy was so popular!

How many individual names did you come across, don't wish to cause you any more work, just curious as to unique names just in case ......... :lol: Well done, how many hours did you put in from start to finish?

Victoria39 said:
How many individual names did you come across, don't wish to cause you any more work, just curious as to unique names just in case ......... :lol: Well done, how many hours did you put in from start to finish?

462 one-offs, 1 Forum, 1 Index for example plus the ones I've posted on this thread. It wasn't me alone, Maria helped with a lot of the data stuff, I wouldn't want to know how long it took time-wise :roll: .

Neil

Back