• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transporting Dillon & Tinker

lil_sar

Warren Scout
Hello

I'm moving house tomorrow and need to get a pet carrier for Dillon and Tinker. Is it best to get two separate carriers or one that can carry both?
If so, can anyone recommend one?

I've also got Tinker booked in for her VHD vaxxine on Saturday- is it ok to take her on her own or is it best to take Dillon with her- I thought I read somewhere that it was best to keep buns together on vet trips etc

I usually take my lot separately to the vets, purely because Inky hates being caught. I can't say I've noticed that my two are less worried when their together on a vet trip but I know that a lot of people find it helpful.

I would transport them to your new house together if you can. I have a large 'mesh' carrier from Zooplus (on the Internet) that I can get both of mine into easily. It has front and top opening, so it is really easy to use, folds flat and is soft for when they bounce around in your car. If you have a look around, you can probably get something similar.

Thank you- yes I think I will take Tink to the vets on her own. Catching one bunny is bad enough :lol:

Think I will have a hunt around the shops today to find a suitable carrier :D

i take both mine together, Harley hates being on his own he is more calmer when he knows Honey is there. Honey doesnt really mind she just loves the ride :D

I got a top opening carrier from Pets@Home.. its big enough for all 3 of mine to go everywhere together and so much easier to get them out again.
If you just want a basic carrier argos do a large one fairly cheaply.
I usually take all 3 of mine to the vets together, but sometimes when 1 is unwell i will take that one on their own and have never had any problems when putting them back with the other 2 :wink:

The top opening ones are great! SO much easy to get a stubborn bunny out of! I always take Salt and Pepper together, as they are very scared on their own, but take Bobby and Ruby separately.

Back