• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Photos of our recycled hutch

Mika

New Kit
Hello!

My boyfriend and I decided to build our own hutch. We won't buy any material except maybe a couple of latches and some screws. We've got enough material like old doors and wooden panels, even some old beams so we will be using those. I thought we might share pictures of the steps while we build the hutch with you all, first as something interactive to see in the photo section and second, maybe to give some ideas. We are not professionals but we are both very excited about caring of our rabbits :lol: we built fences before and even a roundhouse! PASSION is the key! :D

So we'll keep you updated of the construction and we hope you will enjoy looking at this interactive thread. Any comments, suggestions or questions are welcome of course!

NOTE: This is not a professional "how to do a rabbit hutch" thread :wink: it's just our imagination in action thread! :lol:

1st step

1- Clearing the place where the hutch will be built. :) This is the back of our house. We've got a little patio with a patch of grass and a few other plants. It's the rabbit's playground too.

2nd step

2- We dug four holes and put three of the four beams that we'll be using as the main pillars of the hutch. The wooden board on the floor is a recycled old table board that we will use as their bedroom floor.

Back