• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fat or pregnant?

raven_guest

Mama Doe
My Misa (red conti giant) suddenly blew up over the last couple of days, she has been huge! I put it down to the fact that she'd been eating too many raisins (she has eye drops and I give her a couple after as she stands still so beautifully and lets me do it.)
She has been with my buck, but she bit his cough cough and I assumed nothing had occured (I do eventually want babies)
Anyhoo, I decided to have a lie in as I do once a year lol (I intended to get up at 8 lol) and mum screams up the stairs; 'Misa's hutch is covered in blood'
I had just woken up and really wasn't with it so had a complete panic and charged out. Covered with blood was a serious exaggeration. there were dots here and there lol. She had given birth! Usually I miss the birth with my buns but she had a kit whilest I was there (unfortunately still born)
Once she was done I let her out for a run as she was starving and I fugured the grass would be good for her to fill up on (all her hay was now a nest!)
I had a peek and it looks like 5 or 6, all well and jumping about.

I'm thrilled. I know a lot of you don't agree with breeding which I understand but the buns used are rare colours which we don;t have in this country, they've all been imported. (Yes I understand that's no excuse to come of you so don't have a go, just wait for the cute photos in a few weeks)

I do hope Mum and Babies do well and Daddy's "cough cough" :oops: :lol: is better!! Look forward to the photos! :D

dad's cough cough was treated by a vet and he really didn't seemed bothered, which is more than I can say for the vet, he cringed when I told him what happened lol.

Our beautiful Florence and pretty Kitty both came from breeders although the others were all rescue buns. We did try for rescue giants but they are just so rare.
I appreciate that all the different breeds simply wouldnt exist if it wasnt for careful breeders. I think Lionheads are a relatively new breed and very popular.:D
Can't wait to see piccies of the babies - Neil has his heart set on a red, white and blue Giant collection! :lol: :lol:
Hope Mum, Dad and babies are all doing well :D

Maria

Well if you want a red.........
Blues you will NEVER find! I had my heart set on one but couldn't find one anywhere!
Lions are quite new, they've only just started being recognised by the brc, I have a rescue one who is a psycho parcelled in the cutest package lol, butter wouldn't melt face, with a scary metality.
If you ever look at the american breeder sites for lions, you'll see they're very different from ours! It's fascinating how the differences occur.
I was going to take some photos today but it's pouring! They're all madly wriggling around their nest making really cute noises.

Hi raven-guest,

Our blue giant, BooBoo (see sig) came from rescue! We're on very good terms with our local RSPCA and they phoned us to ask if we were interested!
Like Maria said, I'd love a red and white to go with our blue and agouti but then I'd like one in every available colour.
I will follow your reds' progress with interest.

Neil

Congratulations on the babies, glad mum and dad are both ok. Looking forward to the piccies as they grow ...and grow...and grow :lol:

There are six and it looks like five reds and a yellow, but we'll see. They are really big for new borns and full of life which is wonderful. mum's not too impressed, mainly due to the weather so she can't come out. Raito the dad is worried about the maintenance he will have to pay (joke) he's completely oblivious! Men!

Back