• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birthdays and Barcelona!

charl343

Warren Scout
Hi, this is my first day back on here in what feels like forever but has only really been a couple of days!! haha but basically it was my 21st birthday on Sunday and my boyfriend suprised me with a trip to barcelona! he had arranged it with work and everyone had kept it a big secret so we flew out the next day and I had a lovely time...apart from my encounter with the pet shops and bunnies. I visited them everyday and was nearly in tears. I wanted to bring them all home so much, I'm sure by the pictures you will be able to see why! bear in mind that this was on the 'rambles' market street type thing and this was an outdoor stall.......

bunnies2.jpg

bunnies.jpg

Charlotte

oh poor things!!! I lived in portugal for a while and they used to keep chickens and rabbits (not together) cramming in miniscule cages! Made me very sad and I always wanted my granny to buy them all so we could rescue them. They had about a dozen chickens/rabbits per cage and the cages were barely 1 1/2ft by 1 1/2 ft!!! i havent seen them in a good 8 or 9 years but still, very cruel!

poor things

I live near to Barcelona (at only 1h 30min) and each time I go to the "ramblas" I suffer for these animals. How they keep them is not the worse thing,, the worse thing is how they TAKE them. And don't go to spanish street markets :x ... ! I think animals are still just considered as animals in Spain. If you know wat I mean, before the owner is bonded to it in an emotional way, a rabbit is just a rabbit, a dog is just a dog, a cat is just a cat, and so on. Means they don't belong to anybody, means they are things/objects to sell, they don't feel, etc... kind of ideas . That is something that is very impressive in Spain that I can't understand. Being swiss, I rather see this as a primitive kind of behaviour. When my boyfriend and I have bought our three rabbits, we rather thought we were "saving" them, offering them a different kind of life, paradise for them! Now they can go out in the garden and jump, play, well, practise theire rabbit-ness! LOL Which they couldn't at all being stuck in a tiny cage with other 20 or so rabbits. I tell you, I could buy them all in these street markets... :?

So jealous you live near Barcelona! I couldnt believe that they are allowed to sell animals like that. It was really random aswell they sold parrots, pidgeons, chickens, terrapins etc and all for like a coule of euros. I had to go back every day to see them all because I felt so sorry for them. :(

charl343 said:
So jealous you live near Barcelona! I couldnt believe that they are allowed to sell animals like that. It was really random aswell they sold parrots, pidgeons, chickens, terrapins etc and all for like a coule of euros. I had to go back every day to see them all because I felt so sorry for them. :(

oh you're so lucky. my boyf booked a trip to barcelona for my 21st last august. the day before we were due to leave he discovered he had lost his passport so couldn't go :cry: :evil: silly boy. v jealous of you now :lol:

poor bunnies tho. wee souls.

fi x

fifi0529 said:
charl343 said:

oh you're so lucky. my boyf booked a trip to barcelona for my 21st last august. the day before we were due to leave he discovered he had lost his passport so couldn't go :cry: :evil: silly boy. v jealous of you now :lol:

fi x

haha I hope you killed him!!! I know my boyfriend is very irresponcible with important things like passports so I always keep them locked away where I know they are!!!

charl343 said:
fifi0529 said:
charl343 said:

fi x

haha I hope you killed him!!! I know my boyfriend is very irresponcible with important things like passports so I always keep them locked away where I know they are!!!

was not best pleased i can tell you!!! we don't live together yet so unfortunately he is in charge of important stuff :roll:

Back