• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pics of indoor housing please!

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
I'm moving in a month so I want to treat Molly and Faline to a new begger (dog crate) home, as they wont be able to be so free ranging, whilst we get settled.

Mostly I want enrichment ideas. I'll put a shelf in as I have now. I know some people have digging boxes, different areas for activity, sleeping etc?

I want to leech ideas off you lovely peeps for ideas. Didn't know whether to put this here or bunny chat?

We use fireguards cable tied together to extend the run. Can be used indoor or outdoor and made to fit any size space. We buy them mainly at car boot sales for £2-£5 each. Not sure if this is what you meant?

Maria

i know i have posted my old one loads so hope you dont mind :oops:

22-Oct-2006010.jpg

it had a raised digging box, shelf, tunnels, toys etc in it. the pen i got from croftonline.co.uk

they also like playing in paper bags, baskets, boxes (at them moment they have 2 boxes stuck together with a hole through and a tunnel into the entrance. i have put another box on top but not attached it yet ) and things like that and i try and hide their food a bit like under pots etc so they spend a good part of their time foraging which keeps them quiet :lol:

Neil-and-Maria said:
We use fireguards cable tied together to extend the run. Can be used indoor or outdoor and made to fit any size space. We buy them mainly at car boot sales for £2-£5 each. Not sure if this is what you meant?

Maria

Fire guards. hm, I'll have to have a look out for them. Got any pics please? :)

Cheekytikki, I love the digging box idea, what is it on, and how do you keep it there. :p

it is the base of my old rat cage and it is on the stand it came with (its not on its stand in that pic) although if you could get a little table or something i think that would work :D and it is very heavy so it stays put by itself :D

Back