• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby not wanting to bother with me ...

karen354

Warren Veteran
I've had Furby a few months now, I bonded her with Fudge and they both live very happily outside in a poppy house and large enclosure..
She loves Fudge and they are a very close bonded pair ...
She really doesn't want to bother with us at all though :( she has lots of attention off us I'm always at home so spend a lot of time with all my bunnies.. My 3 other bunnies run up to me for cuddles but Furby runs the other way from me if I stroke her :( any ideas how I can get her to enjoy cuddles and strokes a little more ?

I don't really know Karen, some buns are just like that I think :? Until I had Audrey I'd never had a bun who liked human attention.

I guess if she is ok with Fudge then maybe she'd be happy just left to her own devices?

:( I have this problem with my darling litle gal..bif..she was just getting friendly at the 6 month stage and then oscar ded..shes never recovered fromit physically or mentally..

However if i get her in agood mood and get down on the floor..she doesnt climb me anymopre or sleep besdie me but she does run enar me and i talk non stop toher ans she seesm to get cheeky and sends me odd little funny gestures and i canget her to head binky with happiness soemtimes doing it..
i feel chuffed whenshes come up a few times and biffed my ankles for me to notce her..
sadly some bunies are like this as are some cats...
sadly like me you will have to be just grateful for letting her be ok for you to watchher withthe other buns being happy..
it is heartbreaking isnt it..but at the end of the day you have tot ake whatlittle afection toward you that you can get! But if you are tensed up and worried etc it makes thme not want to come near you anyway!
good luck i would just advocate being onthe sme level but igornat ie reading abook doing paperwork..watchingt v..then let her make the first moves again..eventually she wil but dont expect miracles..ive had bif over a year now and we are just happy to have her around..
but i agree not haiving abunyn who wants to come up to you or be touched by you ever is very disheartening..

I have 12 rabbits living together and of those 12 only 2 of them will consistantly come over for nose rubs and to help with cleaning out and what not. Some of them will allow me to nose rub them but some of them just prefer not to be fussed - unless I have food then it's a whole different ball game!! :lol: :roll:

You may find she improves as time goes by, I've had Pippa for about 10 months now and she does like nose rubs but it took several months. At the end of the day you don't know her background and there could be a good reason for her not liking human interaction - at least they're happy together

Back