• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really weird behaviour - please help!

Bundle

Mama Doe
I have noticed Weedie behaving oddly for a couple of weeks, just being a bit skittish (he's normally bomb proof). Then last night when we got in from work he was turning one of the litter trays into a nest! :shock: Over the course of the evening he gathered up every bit of hay from all the other trays, the run, and the hay rack, and carried it over to the litter tray when he fashioned it into a large nest :shock: He'd made a big round nest, with a deep hole in the centre where he could hide. He was running back and forth like he was demented, carrying bits of hay and pushing them into the nest!

Does anyone have any idea why he would behave like this? :? He was neutered very early on before I got him, and Bundle is a spayed female - she was spayed at 5 months and is now over 3 years old.

I would have said if he was female he was having a phantom pregnancy and nest-building, but he's a boy! :shock: :? I was wondering if it's because he's a wild bun...... do the male bunnies make the nests in the wild ready for the females? My hubby and I were scratching our heads last night at his odd behaviour, and while it was really entertaining to watch, I'd love to know why he was doing it.

Interestingly, this morning he's flattened the whole thing and seems back to normal again :? Any ideas anyone? Anyone seen this kind of thing before? Help please!

Sorry, can't be much help - maybe he's suffering from identity crisis!!! :lol:
Glad he's back to normal - buns do do some weird things!! :rabbit2:

Jack's Brother Ronan used to build nests in the Springtime and in the late Autumn.. :? :shock: :?

Eddie Rabbit has also built a couple of nests. I guess we have gender-bending Bucks!! :roll: :lol:

Janex

My old bunny Max used to do this. The first time he did it I thought he had got some hay stuck in his mouth!! He looked really comical with his mouth stuffed with hay etc. running back and forth making his nest!
Jane

Back