• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD Vaccination Limp-Reply Received- IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Last week I submitted to the Vaccine Manufacturer the information about your Buns who were effected by a 'post VHD Vaccination Limp'. Here is the reply I have received :

'Thank you very much for compiling the list of suspect adverse reactions to Cylap injection. These have been formally reported to the Veterinary Medicines Directorate as suspect reactions and I have also escalated the reports to my technical colleagues within the company. They and the pharmacovigilance department will decide in due course whether an amendment to the Cylap datasheet is necessary.

Many thanks for your feedback on this matter. I will report back when I hear what further action (if any) is necessary from us. In the meantime, IF ANY OF THE FORUM MEMBERS HAVE A SIMILAR CASE AND THEIR VETERINARIAN IS CONSIDERING EMBARKING ON DIAGNOSTICS PERHAPS THEY COULD CALL US AND WE CAN ADVISE THEM ABOUT YOUR OBSERVATIONS'

If anyone needs the contact details of the Vet I am dealing with please PM me.

Janex :)

Just bumping this up to ensure everyone who submitted their Bun's details sees it :)

Also, anyone whose Bun develops a limp after their VHD Vaccination in the future PLEASE GET YOUR VET TO REPORT IT TO THE MANUFACTURER. You can PM me for details of the Vet at the manufacturer who is dealing with the issue

Janex :)

Good work jane wondering now if the limp odd leg thing when willow was suspected of having E C was a very latereaction to vhd jab..almosta fornight after? nah too long..

Back