• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's Your Rabbit Called And Why? Continued

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Hello

The other thread seems not to be working so I have started a new one.

Basically Neil is asking for everyones rabbits names and why they are called that. He is compiling a list of popular names and Faye (CottonMather) is also going to help with some interesting stats which can be calculated from the list!

Neil started the thread with this post.

Just curious...if enough people answer I'll count them all up and list them by popularity. Here's ours....

Nellie...after me
Poppet...because Maria thought she looked like one
Elvis...after THE singer. by law everybody should own a rabbit called Elvis!
Florence...my mother and grandmother's middle name
Kitty...Maria's grandmother and name for a baby rabbit (kit)
Rita...Maria's mother
Colleen...Maria's father (!)
BooBoo...after my sister (she hates me now)
Dylan...after Bob and Thomas rather than the Magic Roundabout.

My plan is to have arabbit for each letter of the alphabet (don't tell Maria!).

Neil

Many of you have already responded (thankyou) as there are 700+ names on it already, but the thread is difficult to reply to due to the forum wobble when the post was started, hence the new thread now.

Hope this makes sense to you all - please reply to this thread rather than the old one. To all who wish to read the old thread it is here.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=43402&start=0

Maria
<goes to have a wellearned cup of tea>

I've not done mine yet. Horatio after Lord Nelson and because it's a gret name and Snowy because it was her original name. I tried to change it to Blanche but it didn't seem right so I stuck with Snowy.

my three names

Here we have from left to right,Roxy,Reme and Ripley.

IMG_0573_2_1.jpg

Roxy Queen i picked her name because i liked it and thought it suited her character.
Ripley Park was picked out a hat as i had a few favourite names left and could not decide,very glad it came out the hat as it suites her little nature.
Reme Ranger was named after my fiance who was in the REME regiment when he was in the army.

IMG_0583_2_1.jpg

Their surnames are named after Queens Park Rangers football team who me and my fiance support. :D :D :D

Your buns are Gorgeous!!
Neil and Maria, can you go back so we can all add surnames, and middle names? Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

Molly and Piper

Molly because my Dad picked her up for me and looked after her for a week, during which time he named her and the name just stuck!

Piper was named by Jill (Honeybunny) - he was taken in by Jill with his 2 siblings: Drum and Melody. He suited the name so I didn't change it. :D

CARASBLANCO said:
Your buns are Gorgeous!!
Neil and Maria, can you go back so we can all add surnames, and middle names? Sorry, couldn't resist :lol:

Yes of course!

In fact could you all add Date Of Birth and Rabbit Weight please? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ONLY JOKING!! :shock:

Neil

Neil-and-Maria said:
In fact could you all add Date Of Birth and Rabbit Weight please? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ONLY JOKING!! :shock:

Neil

Just as well - Piper is very sensitive about his weight. :oops:

Aliandbuns said:
Neil-and-Maria said:
Just as well - Piper is very sensitive about his weight. :oops:
:lol:

Well Neil, then what about some cross referencing with similar names- I have a Valentina, and someone else had Valentine. :shock:
It's just that it's very very important work, and think it should be done as thoroughly as possible :lol:

Travis and Treacle - both named after drummers. I had Travis first, named after Travis Barker ex Blink 182 drummer. And Treacle is named after Tre Cool - GreenDay drummer. - say Tre Cool real quick and you get Treacle!! - I had to give her a ladylike name!! She was originally called Tinkerbell by the rescue that she came from, but she's no tinkerbell!!!

Neil you will now be haunted by dreams of Daisy, Harvey, Poppy and Barney bunnies and all their hundreds of friends hopping continuously passed your window! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I already added Molly and Faline. But since I've now claimed part ownership of my boyfriends buns, and cos I named 3 of them, I'll add them (for broader results of course).

We have:
Bilbo (just cos it fit him)
Puck - The imp, because she is one.
Mina. - It's a pretty name.
Rocky - He is Bilbo's son. Rocky Balboa any one? (it sounds the same as bilbo-ish, I'm a big fan of tedious links.)

Crocus - He's white, like snow, crocus are snow flowers. lol. boys can have flower names too.

My buns!!!

Hi guys

Clover - well my sister thought up the name and I sort of took it over lol!!! :lol:
Georgie - her previous owner had named her that and the name stuck :D

Esther :)

Totti after Francesco Totti.. who 5 1/2 years ago was the most gorgeous footballer on the planet :love:

Brody after Brody Dahl.... lead singer with the punk band The Distillers ('cos my little Brody has a little bit of sticky up hair, punk style)

Spike was named by Jamie at the Rescue.. I was going to change it to Chester (after Chester Bennington - Linkin Park lead singer) but Spike suits and it stuck :roll:

Fidget - My sister chose it, in a moment of inspiration (my sister is appalling at picking names) and it suits Fidget perfectly, she's a tiny, black "bog standard domestic (yeah right :roll: )" rabbit... with so much personality, character and attitude, and she never sits still!

Daisy, an unoriginal one I know, but she is so pretty and Disney like that it suited her better than anything.

A lot of "Daisy" rabbits seem to be white with a broken pattern of another colour on them I've noticed, my Daisy is no exception to that rule!

thought id add some past buns to

midnight he had that name when we got mhim black bun

tinnker was also named tinker

peach was called peach

thumper cuse she thumped alot dusty cuse he was grey

My beautiful Daisy bun was a Dutch, now sadly no longer with me.

I've not got Sooty, cos she is black! :oops: , Tinkerbell, a Nethie that just reminded me of a little fairy when we got her and Simba, a lionhead of course!

Kate

Hey am filling again -
Snowflake ... cos thats my nickname and what I was going to name them anyway... boy/girl black or white , it was going to be a snowflake.
And Isaac ... because I wanted a good biblical name and Isaiah and Jacob werent quite him.. and he fits his name perfectly! :D

Back