• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flowers

AmyG

Alpha Buck
Does anybody have any tips on how to keep naughty bunnies away from my flower bed? My poor pansies and primroses are not going to last long with the rabbits feasting on them and me walking across them to chase the rabbs away! :evil:
I was thinking of a remote control sprinkler if they exsist :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

thought I'd read somewhere that primroses weren't good for bunnies

Flowers
It is fine for your rabbit to feed on these flowers: aster, carnation, daisy, geranium, geum, helenium, hollyhock, honesty, marguerite, marigold, Michaelmas daisy, nasturtium, rose, stock, sunflower and wallflower, however avoid acacia, antirrhinum, anemone, brugmansia, columbine, daffodil, dahlia, delphinium (larkspur), feverfew, glory lily, gypsophila, hellebore, hyacinth, iris, lantana, lily of the valley, lobelia, love-in-a-mist, monkshood (aconite), narcissus, polygonatum, poppy, primrose, snowdrop, tulip and other bulbs.

Twigs
Rabbits love nibbling on twigs and those with buds and tender shoots are to them a particular delicacy. You can collect twigs and branches from most fruit trees and practically all deciduous trees and bushes: apple, birch, blackberry, fir trees, hazel, hawthorn, maple, raspberry, spruce trees, willow; avoid acacia, apricot, azalea, beech, box, some clematis species, elder, holly, ivy, laburnum, mistletoe, nux vomica, oak, oleander, periwinkle, peach, plum, privet, rhododendron, rosewood, snowberry, spindle tree, thorn apple, wisteria, yew and most evergreen trees and shrubs.

What i've attempted to do with my buns is to let them eat the stuff in pots only (and they have a ton of pots to go at :) ) It's worked in the main, apart from an Acer which Totti is particularly partial to.. and knows he shouldn't 'cos he gets a branch and runs off and hides with it :lol:

Little fences :D Im getting some to go around my brother vegetable patch! Im sure they will still get to them though :lol:

Back