• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor things :(

Makes you wonder if the RSPCA branch actually tried to point her to other rescues though. There are lots of people out there that just aren't aware of other rescues, sounds ridiculous but its true. I get people all the time being surprised to find we have heaps of small rescues around. Many people assume the RSPCA and PDSA are the only places they can take their pets :(
So sad :(

leanne said:
Makes you wonder if the RSPCA branch actually tried to point her to other rescues though. There are lots of people out there that just aren't aware of other rescues, sounds ridiculous but its true. I get people all the time being surprised to find we have heaps of small rescues around. Many people assume the RSPCA and PDSA are the only places they can take their pets :(
So sad :(

Exactly. Whilst it is terrible to think of a pet being 'set free' and left to fend for itself I do question the advice given to people contacting the RSPCA about unwanted pets. All too often they are met with 'sorry we are full' No advice re private rescues etc. Although this may not be true of all RSPCA Branches it IS true with some. Until the RSPCA have a national standard with all branches working to the same level then this situation WILL happen again and again.
Sometimes people genuinely believe that a Pet Rabbit can survive in the wild. Sometimes people are incredibly STUPID not intentionally cruel.

Janex

Back