• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Sweet Pea

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
sweetpea.jpg

This little bun belonged to the girlfriend of a frend of mine, for the past year I have been trying to pursuede
her to give me the bun as she has moved out and left it with her parents and it in not taken care of.

Well on monday they bought her round

I gave her a quick look over then had to get rid of them as soon as poss as the bun needed to see a vet,
poor thing has a really bad infection around her bottom due to been kept on a dirty wet hutch!!!!

Eve at Briar Patch had offered to take the bun in, with the hope of bonding her with my two once she is spayed.

So Eve and I took her to the vet, who said it was a fungal infection and she must have been like it for months to get in that state,
Eve has to bathe her rear end twice a day, and make sure she is kept clean and dry.
Poor thing was squeaking in pain while the vet was cleaning her. She might also has teeth problems but
the vet didn’t want to stress her too much so we’ll deal with that later. Eve has got her eating hay already, she only had straw before :(

So Sweet Pea needs daily bathing and antibiotics for the next two weeks, hopefully she will be ok,
then she can be spayed and then we can try to bond her with my two

For the past year I have been saying I will take the poor bunny and it has taken her this long to let me have her.
She didn’t even realise a rabbits rear end isn’t supposed to be yellow and crusty…….Grrrrrrr!!!!!

If she doesn't get on with my buns she will be rehomed through Briar Patch Rescue.
Big thanks to Eve for dealing with this little girl for me :D

Thats good that she has finally got a lovely home. Fingers crossed she will bond with your two. :love:

Hope her poorly bottom gets well soon! :?

Poppy my girly bun can be a bit feisty, so fingers crossed they get on :(

Gonna be a while yet as she has to recover, then be spayed.

Considering the state she was in she is such a lovely friendly bun :love:

Aw the poor little mite. I can't believe some people!! :evil: You've done a fab job rescuing her! :thumb:

AMETHYST

Well not really sure but about two or three I think. The girl and forgotten what her name was :evil: :evil: as soon as I saw her I just though awww Sweet Pea :love:

:x people AAAGGGHH!!!!!! Well done for rescuing her from her awful situation and good luck wiht the bonding.
Is she as blue-grey as she looks in the pic? Gorgeous colouring :)

Aww she's beautiful, people are so ignorant aren't they it makes me so angry :x At least she has been rescued and has the opportunity for a wonderful forever home

How can someone look at a face like that! and leave them in pain and such bad conditions :cry:
Shes very beautiful and I really hope she bonds ok with your 2!

Just had an update, liittle Sweet Pea is doing well and the scabs are healing up nicely, still be a while until she's ready for spaying but looking good so far :D

Is Joey the top left hand side in your avatar? I can see the similarity :D
If she doesn't bond with my two she will be looking for a boy bunny and a loving home :D

Aww Sweetpea is lovely! Well done on rescuing her and getting her the help she needs. At least now she will be set for a happy loving future :D

aaawwww what a fantastic name!! and what a beauty.. she looks so dinky.. so glad she is now in a safe place.. well done for getting her safe.. hope she gets on ok with your bunnies :D

Back