• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Zeb - good news

I feel really bad posting this with all the worries that everyone is going through at the moment with their sick bunnies. We are sending vibes to all of them.

I just wanted to let you all know that the Zantac seems to be doing the trick for Zeb. He's having it twice a day and his appetite is getting better by the day. He also did some poo last night which is the first overnight activity for days - i suspect the Zantac before bedtime did the trick.

While he's still not back to 100%, he is a lot brighter and seems a lot more comfortable and has been binkying in the garden this morning. He's also had some breakfast without me having to sit and hold it under his nose. He will eat spring greens now and the occasional pellet which is good as all he's been eating for the past couple of days is carrot tops & parsley. He is also eating his hay again.

Thanks for all your support - I really have appreciated it this past week - I didnt think he would ever get better and it was nice to have you all wishing him well.

Hopefully I'll be off to Greece with Gail on Sunday and my babies will be left in Sue's capable hands. I'm just really glad that both Zeb & Frida pulled through. Both of them having GI Stasis came as a real unexpected shock and its been a very stressful week. How all of you with rescues or lots of bunnies cope is beyond me - you are all really incredible at it though.

V glad to hear about Zeb. :)

Did the vet prescribe the Zantac or did you? What dosage, liquid or tablet etc??? i'm interested as I'm still concerned about Dusty, and my vet is away for another week. Anything you can tell me would be great. :)

Back