PDA

View Full Version : ...Mabel ..U/D Tues morning 9.30 am...

Snowy
03-05-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I 've started a new thread because the other one is all back to front.

Mabel was speyed today and Mack had a dental, they came home around 5 pm and I am so worried about them. Neither of them have eaten and Mabel has just slept a lot since she's been home, Mack looks brighter but isn't bothered about eating.

I know it takes time but I am so worried about them both

Flick
03-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Vibes for the very special Mack and Mabel bunnies x

kayjay
03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm sending every vibe I can, they are a very special pair of bunnies..... but it is normal as I'm sure you know for the bun to be off colour after all she's just had a hysterectomy and we wouldn't feel to bright would we? Hope she's feeling better in the morning, it is so worrying I know

Fionabun
03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
Sending lots of munching vibes

Fiona x

Melanie
03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Snowy ... hope Mack and Mabel are ok ... I'm taking Kath and Kim to the vets on Saturday for their VHD (eeek). Sorry haven't been in recently but mum has just had her hip replaced and between visiting and clearing bunny poop it's been a bit manic!!

Thinking of you, Mack and Mabel.

Melanie

bunnymadhouse
03-05-2007, 11:22 PM
sending vibes ....hope they are ok

Angie

Snowy
04-05-2007, 08:27 AM
They are worse this morning, Mabel isn't moving or eating and looks very sorry for herself and Mack isn't eating although he is moving about, neither of them are pooing............

I am just so worries about them both and I am now thinking that maybe I shouldn't have had Mabel speyed.

Jack's-Jane
04-05-2007, 09:12 AM
They are worse this morning, Mabel isn't moving or eating and looks very sorry for herself and Mack isn't eating although he is moving about, neither of them are pooing............

I am just so worries about them both and I am now thinking that maybe I shouldn't have had Mabel speyed.

Theo its not yet 24 hours since her op and I expect she will take longer to recover than a younger Bun. Has she had a top up of pain relief and some Metoclopromide?
I would definately ask your Vet for both. I would also syringe feed her to try to get her guts going. Some sub-cutaneous fluids might perk her up too.
Mack's mouth may be a bit sore so perhaps he too would benefit from a top up of Metacam. Try them both on the soggy feeds they had when you first took them in. Some grated carrot may tempt them too.

Sending lots of get well vibes for Mack and Mabel

Janex

Snowy
04-05-2007, 09:16 AM

Theo its not yet 24 hours since her op and I expect she will take longer to recover than a younger Bun. Has she had a top up of pain relief and some Metoclopromide?
I would definately ask your Vet for both. I would also syringe feed her to try to get her guts going. Some sub-cutaneous fluids might perk her up too.
Mack's mouth may be a bit sore so perhaps he too would benefit from a top up of Metacam. Try them both on the soggy feeds they had when you first took them in. Some grated carrot may tempt them too.

Sending lots of get well vibes for Mack and Mabel

Janex

Yep, they've had all of that and I have grated a bit of carrot and broccoli mixed together (Mabels favourite) and I wetted their food.

That's the trouble Jane, we don't know how old they are, we know they are not young and I suppose Mabel is going to take longer to recover but I am just so anxious and worried for them both.

I will keep nursing them and give them lots of cuddles, I just need loads of get better vibes please

Becca
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Sending lots and lots of vibes.
Hope they both start eating and feeling better soon.

cannonwoman
04-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Sending loads of healing vibes to them both..............................

Su.x

Joanne26
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Sending loads of vibes
xxxxxxxxxxx

Snowy
04-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys, it really does help to have the support, I know some people think I'm mad for caring and getting so upset about a bunny, after all..they say.....it's just a rabbit!! :shock: :shock:

But I love them both so much after everything we got them through and I can't help feeling that I have done the wrong thing and not had her speyed, I just feel so damn guilty :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, I just feel so emotional at the moment

kayjay
04-05-2007, 11:03 AM
I can imagine how you feel. Has she had more painkiller yet? I'd get that for both of them asap. I really hope they're ok - everything crossed for them both

Kathryn xx

Snowy
04-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I can imagine how you feel. Has she had more painkiller yet? I'd get that for both of them asap. I really hope they're ok - everything crossed for them both

Kathryn xx

No, they can't ave more pain killer until this evening, otherwise they will overdose.

It's just so awful watching them, but they are cuddled up together and Mack seems to be taking care of Mabel, he was giving her a wash earlier.

I just feel so helpless and so guilty

Steph
04-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Sending lots of vibes xxx

capel
04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
When Furby was done I couldn't get over how very still she was, and my whole life for the day after just revolved around trying to get her to eat, and willing her to poo etc, so I know it doesn't matter how often you hear "she'll be fine" you'll still be feeling totally freaked out and upset. We know how you are feeling, so here's some soothing vibes for you and healing vibes for your precious bunsters...

karen354
04-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I hope they are both okay for you..
Vibes for Mack and mabel x x x x x

Snowy
04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks everybody for your kind comments, there is still no change and Mabel looks so miserable, Mack is staying by her side and won't move from her, he is such a good husbunny

Azraelm
04-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Aw hope she will be ok xx

honeybunny
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Theo only just read this..
sorry Mable is feeling a bit off after her op...sending vibes for her and a hug for you xx

capel
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
How's Mabel doing now?

Snowy
04-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Jast laying, not moving or anything, I picked her up and gave her a cuddle and when I put her down she went straight back to the same position, Mack is still sitting with her and he won't leave her.

I'm going to give some more pain killer in the minute and try to tempt her again with dandelions.

I just want her better again

CottonMather
04-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Really sorry to hear all this - fingers crossed for her! :(

chloaster
04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Come on Mable, eat something for mummy. Fingers crossed and prayers said for these two brave little fighters.xxx

Snowy
04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, Mack is eating just a bit but he is eating and pooing, a bit small but he is pooing and so I started to get the syringe and the recovery out for Mabel and she nibbled a dandelion leaf didn't seem that interested so I gave her carrot top and she's eaten 2 strands yay!!, she then sat up and washed herself and looks a bit brighter, gosh, I really hope she is on the mend now, all I need to do is get her pooing now,

Melanie
04-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Hopefully just the start .... keep it up Mabel ... hope you're feeling okay too Snowy.

Melanie

Jack's-Jane
05-05-2007, 06:28 AM
How's Mabel doing this morning?

Janex

kayjay
05-05-2007, 07:55 AM
How is she? She was my first thought on waking up this morning, thinking hope she's ok :)

Snowy
05-05-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi Melanie, hope you are OK too!, good luck with Kath and Kim today, I'll be thinking of you, I am totally knacked.

Well, Mack is running around and eating and pooing and weeing and back to normal, still on pain killer but at least he is eating, he has looked after Mabel so well it's been amazing to watch, last night around midnight she rolled on to her side and he washed all her tummy for her, what a pair of bunnies.

Mabel seems to be a lot brighter this morning, she has eaten 2 dandelion leaves and 4 strands of carrot tops, some grated carrot and broccoli and a nibble at the SS pellets and we have some poos!!!!, only a few and rather soft and messy but at least something is coming through, she is moving about much better now

I really hope they are over the worst, thanks everyone for you support as always but please keep the vibes coming.

kim 106
05-05-2007, 08:37 AM
glad she is better today hope fully she should be over the worst of it now

kayjay
05-05-2007, 08:55 AM
so glad she's improving now :)

Becca
05-05-2007, 09:11 AM
So glad she is better today :D

Jayney
05-05-2007, 09:37 AM
glad she is starting to improve

well done mabel

Snowy
05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh my goodness, I am so relieved that she is on the way to recovery, I have never been so pleased as to see all the poos all over the floor, she is moving around a lot better now and seems more interested in everything, she has actually nibbled some hay just now, so things are looking better.

Thanks everyone for all your support

Jack's-Jane
05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
Thats great news Theo !! :D

Janex

honeybunny
05-05-2007, 12:12 PM
great news! :D

Snowy
05-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Please to report that Mabel is doing very well, she is eating grated carrot and broccoli, carrot tops and SS pellets, she is pooing a lot more now and she is moving around very well and even managed to roll on her side so as Mack could wash her wound site!

Mack is back to normal, eating and pooing well

Thanks everyone for your vibes and hugs, it's been a very tense and stressful 2 days, but I hope we are well over the worst now and that very soon they will both be back to normal

Thanks again

Theo

Melanie
06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Fantastic news about Mabel ... so glad that she has done so well.

Vet had to cancel as Paula changed her day off .... I am such a wimp when it comes to the bunnies .... I was so glad they had a few more days of freedom before their VHD jabs. :(

Kath and Kim are getting MUCH bolder now, they were in the lounge for a bit today, we connected a huge long run that goes from their run in the garage ... through the utility and out the back door..... the whole of the back of the house and in to the french windows (always being watched). We went out of the lounge for about two minutes and when we got back in they had the bin tipped upside down in the middle of the floor for a TINY piece of apple that was in the bottom of the bin!!! They both looked up as if to say "it was her, not me!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad Mabel is doing so well

Melanie

chloaster
06-05-2007, 08:34 AM
Great news snowy!! What a relief!!x

Joanne26
06-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Glad things have improved for these two buns :D
xxxx

BB Mommy
06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Really glad they're getting back to normal...they like to keep us on out toes!! :lol:

Snowy
08-05-2007, 09:40 AM
Just to say a geat big thank you to everyone who supported us, I have always been 100% behind castrating and speying because I think it gives an animal a much better relaxed life and so when I took on Mack and Mabel I knew that Mabel would have to be done sooner or later, but by heck, even me who is quite a strong person, nearly crumbled.
Speying is a big operation for a bunny especially one like Mable who, as you all know, was in a dreadful state when she came in and with her deformed legs and unknown medical condition (we didn't know if the vet would find anything when she operated) but I made the decision and booked her in. I doubted my judgement when she came home from the vet, she was very poorly and I really thought that I was going to lose her but she battled through and is so much better.

Of course it may have helped her having Mack by her side, I brought her home and he never left her for a moment, he washed her and licked her all over, he nuzzled in to her and cuddled her to comfort her and when I saw, on Saturday evening, Mabel roll on to her side for Mack to wash her wound site, I have no doubt that bunnies should live as pairs.

So I have learned some important lessons and if anyone is in any doubt then just think, yes bunnies should live as pairs, yes bunnies should be neutered and yes bunnies are sensitive, loving and caring animals.

Sorry this is long but I am just so relieved that Mack and Mabel are getting better, they deserve it and this has been a very emotional time for me.

Thank you everyone

louise and Gus
08-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Well done on being brave enough to go through with it and with nursing Mabel to recovery :D

Becca
08-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Well done:)
I am going to have my little girly done when she is a little older and i am petrified at the thought of it.

honeybunny
08-05-2007, 10:55 AM
So glad she is through this..and well done Mack for taking such good care of her! :D

bunnymadhouse
08-05-2007, 12:59 PM
glad to hear things are looking up

capel
08-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Just to say a geat big thank you to everyone who supported us, I have always been 100% behind castrating and speying because I think it gives an animal a much better relaxed life and so when I took on Mack and Mabel I knew that Mabel would have to be done sooner or later, but by heck, even me who is quite a strong person, nearly crumbled.
Speying is a big operation for a bunny especially one like Mable who, as you all know, was in a dreadful state when she came in and with her deformed legs and unknown medical condition (we didn't know if the vet would find anything when she operated) but I made the decision and booked her in. I doubted my judgement when she came home from the vet, she was very poorly and I really thought that I was going to lose her but she battled through and is so much better.

Of course it may have helped her having Mack by her side, I brought her home and he never left her for a moment, he washed her and licked her all over, he nuzzled in to her and cuddled her to comfort her and when I saw, on Saturday evening, Mabel roll on to her side for Mack to wash her wound site, I have no doubt that bunnies should live as pairs.

So I have learned some important lessons and if anyone is in any doubt then just think, yes bunnies should live as pairs, yes bunnies should be neutered and yes bunnies are sensitive, loving and caring animals.

Sorry this is long but I am just so relieved that Mack and Mabel are getting better, they deserve it and this has been a very emotional time for me.

:D
What a super post. It might be an idea to save it somewhere, so that you can post it to another later thread if/when someone's else goes through what you have just been through. I'm sure it would give reassurance.
Hilda

Thank you everyone

Snowy
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you, I really hope it does reassure people, it's a horrible thing to go through but the benefits for the bunnies far out weigh the all the stress and worry.

Flick
09-05-2007, 09:50 PM
So glad she is ok now :D