• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

...Mabel ..U/D Tues morning 9.30 am...

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry, I 've started a new thread because the other one is all back to front.

Mabel was speyed today and Mack had a dental, they came home around 5 pm and I am so worried about them. Neither of them have eaten and Mabel has just slept a lot since she's been home, Mack looks brighter but isn't bothered about eating.

I know it takes time but I am so worried about them both

I'm sending every vibe I can, they are a very special pair of bunnies..... but it is normal as I'm sure you know for the bun to be off colour after all she's just had a hysterectomy and we wouldn't feel to bright would we? Hope she's feeling better in the morning, it is so worrying I know

Snowy ... hope Mack and Mabel are ok ... I'm taking Kath and Kim to the vets on Saturday for their VHD (eeek). Sorry haven't been in recently but mum has just had her hip replaced and between visiting and clearing bunny poop it's been a bit manic!!

Thinking of you, Mack and Mabel.

Melanie

They are worse this morning, Mabel isn't moving or eating and looks very sorry for herself and Mack isn't eating although he is moving about, neither of them are pooing............

I am just so worries about them both and I am now thinking that maybe I shouldn't have had Mabel speyed.

snowy said:
They are worse this morning, Mabel isn't moving or eating and looks very sorry for herself and Mack isn't eating although he is moving about, neither of them are pooing............

I am just so worries about them both and I am now thinking that maybe I shouldn't have had Mabel speyed.

Theo its not yet 24 hours since her op and I expect she will take longer to recover than a younger Bun. Has she had a top up of pain relief and some Metoclopromide?
I would definately ask your Vet for both. I would also syringe feed her to try to get her guts going. Some sub-cutaneous fluids might perk her up too.
Mack's mouth may be a bit sore so perhaps he too would benefit from a top up of Metacam. Try them both on the soggy feeds they had when you first took them in. Some grated carrot may tempt them too.

Sending lots of get well vibes for Mack and Mabel

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
snowy said:

Theo its not yet 24 hours since her op and I expect she will take longer to recover than a younger Bun. Has she had a top up of pain relief and some Metoclopromide?
I would definately ask your Vet for both. I would also syringe feed her to try to get her guts going. Some sub-cutaneous fluids might perk her up too.
Mack's mouth may be a bit sore so perhaps he too would benefit from a top up of Metacam. Try them both on the soggy feeds they had when you first took them in. Some grated carrot may tempt them too.

Sending lots of get well vibes for Mack and Mabel

Janex

Yep, they've had all of that and I have grated a bit of carrot and broccoli mixed together (Mabels favourite) and I wetted their food.

That's the trouble Jane, we don't know how old they are, we know they are not young and I suppose Mabel is going to take longer to recover but I am just so anxious and worried for them both.

I will keep nursing them and give them lots of cuddles, I just need loads of get better vibes please

Thanks guys, it really does help to have the support, I know some people think I'm mad for caring and getting so upset about a bunny, after all..they say.....it's just a rabbit!! :shock: :shock:

But I love them both so much after everything we got them through and I can't help feeling that I have done the wrong thing and not had her speyed, I just feel so damn guilty :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry, I just feel so emotional at the moment

I can imagine how you feel. Has she had more painkiller yet? I'd get that for both of them asap. I really hope they're ok - everything crossed for them both

Kathryn xx

kayjay said:
I can imagine how you feel. Has she had more painkiller yet? I'd get that for both of them asap. I really hope they're ok - everything crossed for them both

Kathryn xx

No, they can't ave more pain killer until this evening, otherwise they will overdose.

It's just so awful watching them, but they are cuddled up together and Mack seems to be taking care of Mabel, he was giving her a wash earlier.

I just feel so helpless and so guilty

When Furby was done I couldn't get over how very still she was, and my whole life for the day after just revolved around trying to get her to eat, and willing her to poo etc, so I know it doesn't matter how often you hear "she'll be fine" you'll still be feeling totally freaked out and upset. We know how you are feeling, so here's some soothing vibes for you and healing vibes for your precious bunsters...

Thanks everybody for your kind comments, there is still no change and Mabel looks so miserable, Mack is staying by her side and won't move from her, he is such a good husbunny

Back