• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have 2 bonded buns but...

rachybun

New Kit
There is a lovely honey coloured rex in pets at home and he has been there for well over a month. He looks so lonely. I am just worried that my two buns who are so in love will not accept him. ANy advice?

Dont buy a rabbit from pets at home is my advice :D There are loads of bunnies in rescues needing homes :( Plus a bunny from a rescue will most likley be already neutered and you get to pick from all different types of personalities :D

Im kind of thinking of rescuing another bun to live with two of mine so hopefully lots of people with 3 bunnies together will reply :lol:

I have been looking at the resuce rabbits and wouldn't normally consider buying from pets at home but everyone overlooks this poor rex I asked what would happen if no one bought him and they said they would keep him. The only up side to him being there is he actually has quite a large space but he is all alone. They have another one throught thr adopton scheme he bites and is in such a small space. :(

I do have my eye on a bun at Pawzforthought. Do you think it would be best to have 2 bonded bunnies and then bond them with my bunnies? or just to give a lonely single bun a home?

I am so confused. I just wish I had a huge house so I could have lots of buns to love.

Please don't buy a bun from pets a home. By giving a rescue bun a home, you are freeing up a place for another bun in need. If your in the north east, there is antonia (happy pixie) who posts on here. Why not email her and have a chat about adopting one of her buns or two.

I wouldnt advise keeping a bunny on its own. I dont think its fair as bunnies are social animals... and need company...

are your bunnies neutered, the ones that are bonded?
joanne x

I thought it was odd that they had a rex I have also seen some lionhead crosses recently. One of the staff showed a family a lionhead today and just in passing she said it she will need grooming, but didn't really say to the family how much grooming (isn't it daily with a lionhead).

Yes my two buns ( pictured below) have both had the op we got Finbar first and waited until he was neutered before we got Mabel, as we knew keeping him on his own would be cruel.

I was so lucky when I bonded them because they fell for each other immediately. DO you think getting 2 bonded buns would be better then bond them with my two? Or could I try bonding a single bun with my two buns?

I have to get my husband to agree first :lol:

I'm not sure about the the idea about keeping them separate as mine are both house buns and they have free rein of the house except at night when we are in bed. I don't think I woul dhave the space to keep two pairs of bonded buns separate.

:lol: My two are now having their mad half hour :lol:

well I didn't buy the rex, Thankfully 2 days ago someone gave him a home after they put him up on the adoption scheme.

I just have to convince my hubby to let me adopt one that I have my eyes on. :D

You will need to think about what you will do if you do get another bun and they dont get on :wink: Maybe you could take your two along to a rescue to pick out a bunny for themselves :D But really if you get another bun and find they dont get on you will need to keep the new one seperate so if you dont have the space you should think carefully about it

I dont really mind if you get a bunster from a shop or rescue.Yes it seems better but if the poor buns alone maybe it might be better for the poor bunnie.Animals in pet shops are the same as animals from rescues,well apart from that the ones in a rescue have been rescued.

Please don't buy a bun from pets a home. By giving a rescue bun a home, you are freeing up a place for another bun in need. If your in the north east, there is antonia (happy pixie) who posts on here. Why not email her and have a chat about adopting one of her buns or two.

I wouldnt advise keeping a bunny on its own. I dont think its fair as bunnies are social animals... and need company...

are your bunnies neutered, the ones that are bonded?
joanne x

Pets at home do an adoption centre now, so getting a rabbit from there IS rescuing it.

Back