• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Want To Hit Someone!!..UPDATE

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry but i really do feel the need to hit out at some of the stupid people I've come across the last few days

Some of you may have read my post "Poor Bunnies" well update
First Bart..a 4 year old given in as child grew out of him. He has an uneven rear due to being attacked by a dog :cry: My vet has said there is nothing that can be done as it's been left untreated for so long but Bart is not in any pain with it..so he will just need a special home.
He is a friendly boy who love shis cuddles :D
Barta.jpg

I know the pics are wonky due to me lying on floor to take them..but you can see how sloped he is :(

Bartb.jpg

Next I went to pic up 2 girls yesterday..and they both had testicles :shock: The owner said she wondered why they were fighting!
The one I've named Bracken is ok..a few surface wounds but nothing to worry about and a veryu easy to handle bunster...he has a gorgeous copper gleam to his coat
Brackena.jpg

his brother is not so lucky...Barley had a huge wound on his rear..it has been left untreated so has scabbed over and fur has grown back..but it is very uneven and vet is worried there may be an infection underneath so Barley is on Baytril. His owner said she hadn't noticed...He also has bite wounds to his ears and others all over his back..this pic doesn't really show how big the wound is
Barleyscar.jpg

and the lovely lad himself
Barleya.jpg

Then today i went to pic up another 2 does..well what a state they were in :cry:
Firstly i turned one over and asked the woman what she thought these two sacks were?! :shock:
Minstrelc.jpg

So having established they were both bucks..pointed out the matting and general filth they were in..she sadi she hadn't noticed either the filth or the testicles as she hadn't picked them up since she had got them :twisted:
Minstrel was the lucky one..despite a few bites and being dirty he is ok
Minstrel.jpg

The other one needs all the vibes you can spare :( i don't have any pictures of Chocolate as I rushed him straight to the vet.
He was thin..his fur was falling out and very patchy..he had bite wounds all over him and as I examined one it oozed puss..so did the next one..
The vet is very worried about one wound in particular and has kept him in..this afternoon they have cleaned him up externally and tomorrowo morning he is having the infected area ,which is so deep , investigated and the infected tissue surgically removed This bun is in a bad way :cry:
The owner of these two bunnies..when I arrived..said she wanted to keep Chocolate as she loved him so much...i had to persuade her to give him up....
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

OMG Jill!!!!! I really don`t know how you keep your cool with these people! :evil: :evil:
How could she say she didn`t want to give Chocolate up because she loved him so much when she`d never picked him up & ignored how ill he is? :?

Am sending all the vibes i can muster up for all these boys.

Bart, the poor little man looks soooooo cute.............

Su.x

Hi I am new to posting in these forums and it just amazes me how badly some buns are treat. I am forever in pets at home putting silly people off buying a cute lionhead cross for their 2 year old.

These poor buns you have taken in need a lot of love and care.

Fingers crossed in Blackpool for them, Jill.
I can't really add any more to what everyone else has said but we all know they're in the best hands now.

Neil

Hi,

Thank goodness you have got them all. Fingers crossed for Chocolate. You must get so angry with these people.
:roll:

:x :x :x I am disgusted - I have seen it and seen it but it still gets me wound up so much :x :x :x

Please, would you consider me taking Bart?

I love them all and really, really hope that Chocolate makes it through - poor, poor boy :cry:

:evil: :evil: :evil: I was talking to Kay from Bunnyhops earlier and she's telling similar tales of the terrible state that rabbits are coming to her in..... what do people think they're doing :evil: :evil:

Possibly they think that rabbits are easy to look after so they let their children care for them and they end up like many of the rabbits I have seen on here. .

People shouldn't be allowed to just go and buy a pet on a whim. :evil:

I think it is appalling that they havnt ever picked up their bun since getting it. My buns hate me if they dont get their daily cuddles. How on earth could you not tell that the bun was a boy... it couldnt be any more of a boy. Poor buns. So pleased their in your hands now. Vibes for choccie, (((((vibes))))) - joanne xx

oscarbunny said:
I think it is appalling that they havnt ever picked up their bun since getting it. My buns hate me if they dont get their daily cuddles.

Gaius hates me if he DOES!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

some of mine love cuddles, and some of them don't like being picked up - but tough! - they ALL get a once over every day!!! how on earth are you supposed to tell if something is wrong??? esp. with flystrike this time of year :? :roll: :evil:

So glad you have them now, really hope they are ok. Sending lots and lots of get well vibes, especially to little choccie. Just can't believe the way some people treat animals :evil: :x :cry:

Claire

Benjamin loves his cuddles! Oscar does too, depending on what mood he is in. Cant catch Opal... tries to jump over my shoulder... but will also fall asleep on me too, if we are sat down. Polo is the same... and also falls asleep on my knee.

I too think it is important to have daily cuddles and bum checks especially this time of year.

:censored: thats disgusting! what an excuse..i love my buny but i never pick him up to check hes ok or bother withhim..grrrrrrrr

Sadly its not just on a whim..ive heard of some prety horrifc stores of rehomed buns..even folks who come to adopt from rescues are nt always what they seeme ither sadly...

How about a new lesson in schools teaching about having pets and how to be a responsible pet owner..
if their parents wont teachthemor cant teachthem as they have no clue themselves..then the children may wel educate their parents!

vets should have a few more oneoff evenings teaching owners to care differently about their buns.ie diet..health..vaccines etc needs both emotionally and physically of a rabbit esp..such a misunderstood animal..

lots and lots of vibes to poor bunny..

ihave to add that the wound inthe picture looks very similar to the haematoma bertie had last year..his fur had grown through it..it was sort of scaby but also not and it was very sor.e..he felt cold and off colour and needed antibiotics..

Oh god Jill, this is terrible.

It brings tears to my eyes reading things like this :(

I hope they all ok, especially Chocolate.

Lisa x

Back