• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I Doing The Right Thing???? STRESS

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Right Lily has become very aggressive and my happy group of four has now become 3. She will not tolerate other female rabbits and has been aggressively fighting, causing wounds. Now she is alone, and Littlebun has to share his time between Caramel and Maisie, and Lily. However he wants to be with Caramel and Maisie really.So I have booked her for a spay and she is due to go tomorrow. However I am on the verge of chickening out. I have just watched her running round the garden and would not forgive myself if anything happened to her. I just don't trust the GA. What should I do?

I know how you feel catswhiskas. We've been through it four times now and it is horrible waiting for the phone call to say they're through the anasthetic. I can't promise any more than anyone can but once she's been spayed you've instantly reduced her chances of uterine cancer by 80%.
Fingers crossed in Blackpool for you.

Neil

Thanks for the reply. Do you think that it will reduce her aggression? It has been since she hit 6 months. Her sister hasn't become aggressive at all though?

I know how much a worry it is but i`d have her spayed. Not only is it beneficial to her health long term but will help her aggressiveness & hopefully once her hormones have died down she`ll be a much happier bunny & be able to be re-bonded back into your group. :D

Please remember that it`s often only the horror stories you hear about & that 1000`s of bunnies are spayed every year & have no problems whatsoever.

Hope that puts your mind at rest a little.
sending calming vibes,

Su.x

I know, every time one of mine has a GA I just hate it.

When Inky broke his toe, I was sobbing on the way to the vets and when Smokey was spayed, I was just so worried. I think it is because they are healthy and you know they're going to feel bad afterwards for a little while.

It's a worrying time I agree, and my lovely Mabel was so sad after we had her spayed. She didn't eat for nearly a whole day and I spent the whole of that night awake on the couch. The following morning though I had to lock her in her cage because she was back to running around like a mad thing and I was scared she would split the stitches. She is so much clamer now though and had at least stopped mounting finbar which was fun watching even though poor little finbar was squashed by her :D

Well got it all sorted managed to get her booking in time changed. She was coming out of the aneasthetic well when I rang and I can pick her up after. Any tips for after care? Never had a female bunny neutured before?Its a much bigger op than a chap?

How is she today? My bun Pippa was very quiet for a few days afterwards and I managed to persuade her to eat by grating some carrot up for her. Other than that it's just making sure she's pain free, hope she's ok

Back