• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

With regards to Flystrike what am i looking for?

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I check the buns for signs of flystrike every day, which Jill kindly showed me how to do this. However... i am not really sure what i am looking for. If there were eggs what would they look like and what colour would they be?

Please dont link me to any sites where there are pictures with rabbits who have fullblown flystrike. My stomach won't take it.

Thanks

Joanne x

Hi Joanne,

The fly eggs looks like thin grains of rice, white/yellowish in colour.
If flystrike has already took hold then maggots would possibly be visible, but not always, especially if your buns have fluffy bums.
Hope this helps a bit :)

I thought id lost this post.... but here it is :D

Thanks for the pics, even though they make me wanna .... Bleurgh. It was very informative and i now know that none of my buns have any of those... so thats good news!!

I thought id lost this post.... but here it is :D

Thanks for the pics, even though they make me wanna .... Bleurgh. It was very informative and i now know that none of my buns have any of those... so thats good news!!

Back