• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furious - Poss Vet Cover Up - What to do?

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi there,

Last September I took Benny for his jabs and the silly vet gave both together. :shock: Being fairly inexperienced of having buns needing jabs at the same time I didn't know this was wrong.

I gave them a call yesterday to ask when Benny's next VHD was due as he has his myxi a few weeks ago. They said they had no record of him having the VHD jab last September and that "they wouldn't have given both together and we didn't invoice you for it"!! :twisted:

Now I know without a doubt that they did give both together AND I was on the phone to them every day for the next few days updating them on Benny as he went very quiet and ate hardly anything. I can't find the receipt because I usually throw them but I remember remarking that I paid a fortune to make Benny ill. I also posted on here for advice but can't find the post because the search is down.

Its more a matter of principle now, but at the time I decided not to complain. I'm thinking now that they covered up in case the worst happened to Benny and I sued or something.

In any case, I'm furious and don't really know what my next course of action should be. Do I call and ask them to check their records again / speak to the naff vet / write a formal letter to them.

Meanwhile my new vets won't vaccinate Benny until they know when he had his last VHD. My old vets are saying he's never had it! :twisted:

Did you pay by cash or debit card. If the latter you could check your statements and ask for details of what you paid at the vets to make sure that they tie up?

Hi there,

I had a spate of going to the vets a couple of times a week but I should be able to check, as I know the date. I'll see what I can find out at the bank and will get the vets to send a duplicate invoice for then.

Also they didn't give me a vaccination card and I forgot to ask for one...

Find the credit card receipt to get the date and total then go back to the vets and ask for the itemised bill. The numbers should match up. It might be they looked at his notes not the bills.

Tam

I know the date because they gave me the date he had hid myxi vax, which was the same as his VHD.

I'll give them a call and just ask them to send me the bill...

Thanks everyone for your advice and I'll keep you posted.

Gemma xx

Back