• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor bunnies

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well after offering a place to poor Peter..the bun with flystrike rescued by Sarash....I've had 2 more poorly bunnies arrive here

First I collected Bart..a gorgeous 4 year old lionhead..no longer wanted by child who has outgrown him....
he was matted up and I noticed his backend was crooked.."oh that's where a dog got hold of him" his owner replied :cry:

Today I went to collect 2 does ...they are very pretty and easy to handle buns ..but both came with a big pair of testicles! :shock:
The owner said "I wondered why they were fighting .."

I picked up one and immediately felt a dreadful lumpy area on his back..a huge wound..about 3-4 inches wide..must have suffered a really bad tear which had been left..had scabbed over very unevenly and looked to have been reopened..either by a further bite or by him scratching :cry: .also lots of other bites all over his back and a couple on his ears...how the flies hadn't found it I'll never know.

The owner said "I don't know how I hadn't noticed that" :evil: :cry:

Will post pics of all three of these bunsters tomorrow

If they have testicles they're probably male, Jill :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
On a more serious note, you must be permanently on tenterhooks not knowing what the next phone call will bring.

Neil

:evil: I hate some people.....the more I hear about things like this...the more bitter towards the human race I get!

How can people be such :censored: ?

Well done Jill, more out of danger. I can't believe the owners hadn't noticed the testicles!!!! :( I bed those wounds are sore, poor little bun. Did the other owners of the lion haired bun take him to the vets after the dog attack? Some people, honestly - what an example to set to the kids. No wonder some grown up thinking of animals as items to get rid of when they are fed up.

It never ends does it? :shock: :shock: :shock: poor bunnies, at least they are safe now Jill

Those poor bunnies :cry: :cry: I really don`t know how you do it Jill.

Atleast they`re safe with you now & will get the care they need.

Su.x

Oh dear, looks like it's going to be a busy time with wound-bathing, med administration and de-matting for you! :roll:
Poor bunnies, I really hope they get over their wounds soon - can't believe they weren't taken to a vet :evil:
Look forward to the piccies though...

Some people really are incredibly STUPID :x

At least now the Buns are HoneyBunnies they will be well cared for and safe

Janex

Back