• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I need to rename Pierre...Houdini!

Caz

Mama Doe
Just heading off to bed (after watching the Dresden Files) and as I switch the light on in the upstairs landing a white blur passes before my eyes and vanishes into the spare room as I scream :oops: (OH soundly asleep for an hour hasn't even woken up).

For about 30seconds my mind tried to ignore the fact I had just watched a program about wizards and magical things and think of a logical explanation.

I entered the (unused) spare room and it was empty except for the painting leaning against the wall waiting to be hung (8ft long x 4ft wide) and I start to freak out until a pair of bunny ears appear from the small gap behind the painting where it is leaning against the wall. Turns out my scream had freaked Pierre out and he had found a nice dark "burrow" to hide in, in what used to be his and Adele's room.

Now this wouldn't be so odd if it wasn't for the fact I am fairly sure they were locked in their dogcrate for the night. I brought them in from the garden, gave them some fresh water and some pellets and am almost certain I pushed the latches on the dogcrate shut.

So Pierre had got out of the crate, out of the study, up the stairs and found his way back into their old room - guess he doesn't think much of their new accomodation :shock: ! After giving me the runaround I catch him and take him back down to find Adele sat in the study looking a bit bemused.

I have now double checked the latches and Pierre has flopped out in the corner after his adventures.

A true Houdini - master of escape and illusion.

Luckily I keep the kitchen and lounge doors shut so the dogs weren't aware they were loose and they don't appear to have eaten anything -phew!

I am off to bed now - no doubt to have some Alice in Wonderland themed nightmares about disappearing rabbits!

Caz

Frida has a pen made out of panels - one of them has a gate in it similar to those on dog cages - with the same latches - she manages to open it (do not ask me how - it seems impossible to me - i guess she can squeeze her nose through and push it) so we now padlock it shut.

She's too lazy to jump over the panels but we did lose her several times before realising that we were actually shutting the door, she was just letting herself back out :lol:

Thats scary!!! Oscar used to have a crate - was bleedin' huge, and a few times he had escaped... often jumping on my head in the middle of the night!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Barney has got out of their locked crate before. Admitedly he wasn't as big as he is now.

Rowan used to squeeze his way out of the side of the crate- and he was an over 4kg rex so not a small rabbit! :shock: :lol:

Back