• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a trio lol

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
Story below pics and video.
Dsc00309.jpg

Dsc00311.jpg

VIDEO, lol, just as it was going so well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eGacLHPPhs

These guys are my boyfriends rabbits. The black and white (Puck) and the agouti (Bilbo) have been together since he got them at a few weeks old. However Puck turned into a girl and got preggers so they got seperated. :? Luckily they only had 2 boys. They did all go back together for a while, but the boys got a bit hormonal and they all started bickering.

Bilbo took a big chunk out of Puck so she came and stayed with me and got spayed. (Bilbo was done during Puck's pregnancy) In the meantime my boyfriend had a guy come up to him at work and ask him about his rabbits. Then tell him he was gonna get his rabbit put to sleep as he didn't want it anymore unless Chris took it. :evil:

I tried to get Chris to give her to our local rescue but they were full so he's kept her. She's the broken harlequin (is that right) one (Mina formerly Mrs. Whiskers). She's very sweet, but quite timid and was very scared of Puck at first. She loves her hay.

Hi Deelove

I'm not an expert but have had some bonding experience and would say the bite is fairly typical behaviour of Puck telling Mina to move and therefore asserting her authority. Unless things get vicious (full on fighting) try and stick with it, it is so rewarding seeing groups of rabbits together. Good luck with the continued bonding if you go ahead with it.

Neil

Ooh, I should have added, this was from when I was down last 3 weeks ago, after a couple more kitchen sessions they're all now in together. Bilbo adores them both, I think he got the better end of the deal. :lol:

Back