• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas/Suggestions Please

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Hi All

As you know I've been pestering you all for your rabbits' names and I'm planning on counting them all up this weekend and putting up the results. The thing is I had no idea what a diverse bunch of names we all give our four-legs. I would estimate there are 500-600 names (I may be well out) and as a result I think it would take me a month of Sundays to list every single one. Do you think it would be acceptable just to post names where there is more than one of that name?
I must admit I expected 40 Jimmys, 35 Johnnys, 20 Annies etc but I'd be surprised if more than 30 had a duplication. I'm pretty sure I know the top two but even those have probably no more than five.
So, just to reiterate, would it be ok to just post up names that are repeated?
Thanks in advance,

Neil

By the way, those who have missed the original thread (you must have been on Mars!) it is called What's Your Rabbit Called And Why? and is in Rabbit Chat.

Neil

Just posting the 'more than one' names seems OK to me :D
My lot have such odd names I doubt they will appear on your list :lol:
Well, as I was saddled with 'Plain Jane' I thought the buns needed something more origional!!

Janex

Sounds more sensible to me. I'll bet Molly's one of the top. I know there's at least 4 Mollies on here.

Neil-and-Maria said:
CottonMather said:
I can do some stats on SPSS on the names if you like? Could come up with all sorts of useless information! :lol:

What is SPSS?

Neil

a stats programme... or i could just use excel to get info.
could work out most popular starting letter, or average name length, or even look into most common reasons for naming etc... dunno - stuff like that! then do lots of pretty graphs :D

That sounds awfully technical! I was just going to get 26 bits of paper A-Z and manually add up all the popular ones from there!

Neil (technophobe extraordinaire!)

Neil-and-Maria said:
That sounds awfully technical! I was just going to get 26 bits of paper A-Z and manually add up all the popular ones from there!

Neil (technophobe extraordinaire!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CottonMather said:
I can do some stats on SPSS on the names if you like? Could come up with all sorts of useless information! :lol:

OMG Faye.... SWOT! how would you analyse the data?? I wouldnt know where to start.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an spss exam on the 15th

Next she will have you doing a questionnaire and running a factor analysis on the reasons for naming the bunnies!!

gO fAyE!

oscarbunny said:
CottonMather said:

OMG Faye.... SWOT! how would you analyse the data?? I wouldnt know where to start.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an spss exam on the 15th

Next she will have you doing a questionnaire and running a factor analysis on the reasons for naming the bunnies!!

gO fAyE!

Just thought that since Neil had put a lot of effort into collecting all this info - he should have some pretty graphs to show for it!!! I like messing with data! & when o/h gets me to do graphs for him, I do them in pink :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back