• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Different rabbit boarding

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
I've had a quote for rabbit boarding, it's in Derby or Nottingham, I can't remember until I chase it up.

However, on Monday I rang a local rabbit boarder, thinking it would be cheaper on fuel and less stressful for the rabbits, and they said they board rabbits (though they haven't boarded any yet), but they have no hutches so I have to take my own. They said they can fit my hutch (the huge one from eBay) in their van, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.

They also said they had a dog, but it will be supervised at all times when it's let out in the yard :? Not sure I want a dog near my buns at all, to be honest...

iT MAY be cheaper but to me I would worry if they dont have hutches not sure if this is normal practice though? Sounds a bit starnge to me but thats just my opionion?`

If you feel uncomfortable about it find somewhere else :wink:
Have they said you can go round and view the place and see how their dog is with their own rabbits(If they have any)
I have a dog and board buns but i always urge people to come see me and Lenny and my rabbits and where their rabbits will be staying as I would expect the same!
Only one of my boarders bring their own hutch, purely because my friend is paranoid that they will miss it!!!! Bless her! Other than that I have ashed kitted out for them or they stay in as house buns and have a 'kitchen' and the run of my kitchen and then rest of house when im home.
It sounds like they maybe are just starting out, hence no hutches. Hmmm.
Do they have a run for exercise for your buns?
Have they asked you questions about your buns?
Any decent boarding facility will ask for diet, health, vacc status and general info on your rabbits regular routine. And they will also be happy for you to go look around :D

Good Luck!

leanne said:
Have they said you can go round and view the place and see how their dog is with their own rabbits(If they have any)
I have a dog and board buns but i always urge people to come see me and Lenny and my rabbits and where their rabbits will be staying as I would expect the same!
Any decent boarding facility will ask for diet, health, vacc status and general info on your rabbits regular routine. And they will also be happy for you to go look around :D

Good Luck!

They said we can go view, but I think they're starting the boarding service as a new branch of their pet-sitting service, however I'm not comfortable knowing I'm letting a stranger in my house, registered with whatever club or not.

The place in Nottingham/Derby sent me a form to fill out which does ask a lot of questions, probably the most common ones are vaccinations - yet the local place didn't ask anything of the sort! :? Also not sure if they have runs, I would probably have to take my own too, but by the sounds of it there's no grass to put them on :(

I think I will be going the extra mile and travelling out

Fayeloicia said:
leanne said:

Good Luck!

They said we can go view, but I think they're starting the boarding service as a new branch of their pet-sitting service, however I'm not comfortable knowing I'm letting a stranger in my house, registered with whatever club or not.

The place in Nottingham/Derby sent me a form to fill out which does ask a lot of questions, probably the most common ones are vaccinations - yet the local place didn't ask anything of the sort! :? Also not sure if they have runs, I would probably have to take my own too, but by the sounds of it there's no grass to put them on :(

I think I will be going the extra mile and travelling out

Yes I think you and the buns will be happier by the sounds of it :D

When I boarded my guys I didn't meet the lady or look round her accomodation until the day I took them :oops:

Back