• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Great idea for hot weather protection

taylor v 109

Mama Doe
Ive found a great way to protect my rabbits from the heat this year. My rabbits are in sheds and outside cages and in the past keeping them cool has been a nightmare. Ive found a solution its aliuminium greenhouse shading. The material im using cuts over 60% of the heat away from the cages its great. Its like having them under heavy shade. The way ive used it is to cover the whole area sheds and outside cages, but it could be adapted to a single cage. You just have to remember not to lay it directly on top of the cage. I was thinking lay 4 bricks on your cage roof then lay the material on top of the bricks and use them to hold down the edges. Or you could make a sun shade out of it like an umbrella. Heres a link to the site, if you want to see how ive done it then please check my web site. I think its a real breakthrogh. val
http://www.simplycontrol.com/catalogue/shading/default.asp

Ooh I'd looked at some stuff like this for my shed.... how have you found it? Does it work in keeping the temperatures down!!??

Hi, it took some finding ,its used in america a lot but only found one place here. I can say it works my sheds are now in deep shade and it lowers the temp to 60% less heat coming in to the rabbits. This means no worry all summer, in the winter just take it down. val

Back