• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Flea treatments?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry I know this has been asked a million times before but obviously can't do a search at the mo :lol:

I think Worm may have fleas cos I'd forgotten to frontline her for about two months :oops: I haven't actually seen any fleas on her though but she's been scratching a lot (and so have I :lol: ). Last night I used the frontline, but if she does/did have them I would think Audrey will probably have fleas too...what treatment can I give her please? I did use a comb to see if any came off and they didn't but I'd rather be sure.

She has her teeth check up at the vets tomorrow so I can get something then...

Oh, forgot to say that although the instructions for Advantage say that rabbits need treating every 5 days, you only need to treat every 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm afraid it's a POM. Costs about £15 a box from my vet.

Also forgot to say...don't use Zenex cos it's poisonous to cats, and has caused nasty rashes in a couple of my rabbits

Thank you, I'll ask the vet about it tomorrow then and maybe I'll get advantage for Worm instead of Frontline.

Hopefully Audrey will only need one treatment.

Back