• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

zeb update

he's not eaten anything since midnight but we've got 2 more small hard poos - and he jumped on the bed this morning which he hasnt done in the past 3 nights (normally he'd bounce all over it causing chaos)

his stomach is making a lot of gurgling noises - i've gently massaged it and will see if that helps. off now to syringe some pineapple juice down him.

i've just offered him some carrot tops so im hoping he'll fancy some more food now, but he's due in at vets for 8.30 so i'll wait to see what they say to gail before i panic or dont panic

still feel a lot happier than this time yesterday

sarah :)

he ate some more carrot tops before i went to work - i think the novelty of having them in front of him in a big bowl (before i had chance to remove them) made him nosy and he did have some more

he was pressing his tummy right against the floor before i went to work so it must be really gassy poor thing

gail is on her way to vets today with him though - thanks for all the vibes

zebs had some more fluids, some more gut motility stuff & painkillers ( i think, gail is getting confused now poor love). vet has sent him home so he's gone to the shop with gail.

he's to go back in the morning for another checkup

glad they are looking after him so well.

waiting for an update from gail - no doubt he will be causing chaos in the shop today :lol:

now that i know there is no actual blockage i feel so much better, its still worrying that his appetite is so poor but at least i know its probably because its painful and can be cured however long it might take. he's going indoors at bunny camp so he can be spoilt - and the lady who takes them will thoroughly pamper him.

got more mum to get me yet more carrot tops from the market plus lots more herbs - and im going to try him on cheapo guinea pig mix tonight as this was one of the things that perked gus up when he had his abscess

we've to give him more maxolon tonight and more pineapple juice (shares in del monte for me then) and try another tummy rub. thankfully after a thorough check there is no sign of molar spurs etc or a sore mouth. and when he was eating, he was really cramming it in.

will update later :)

Gail says Zeb is eating and pooing normally :)

Gails interpretation of this might be different to mine though :lol: but I will update when i get home.

Am happy - thanks for all your support the past few days :D

Back