• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOPE...UPDATE ..TUES EVENING .

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Been getting increasingly worried about Hope the last 2 days . Although she seems sometimes less wobbly she is doing some strange things .

we have had to take the shelf out of the playhouse as she keeps falling off it ....so now they are just on floor level .

She keeps turning around on her back legs and gnawing them

and she keeps sitting facing things....the fence the hutch door , the bin :? and just sitting hunched and staring .....

Anyhow i ve been back to the vets today ...AGAIN ..not with hope this time ...but i have had a long discussion with the vet about her new strange symptoms and the vet is now convinced her problems are neurological.

so she either has had EC which has caused cysts and/ lesions in her brain ...or ...she has a tumor or similar .

the strange symptoms especialy sitting staring at things is probably because the medication is working and clearing whatever is wrong in her brain .

unfortunatly she thinks these may be the onset of seizures . which she says often happen in cases like this as the tumer / cyst is reducing .

so on the one hand im worried in case the seizures get worse ...but on the other hand at least it means the medication is working .

the vet has told me to expect her to get worse before she gets better ...and that these syptoms may even carry on afterwards if she recovers enough to come off medication .

in other words i may never get back the Hope that i know :cry: :cry: :cry:

i just want to cuddle her and cry :(

Angie

oh no Angie, i don't know what to say, poor Hope........
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
(((Hugs))))) for you xx
(((Nose rubs))) for Hope xx

Oh Angie! i`m sorry Hope is causing you so much worry :(

I really hope your beautiful girl will recover.

Sending soothing noserubs to Hope & big hugs to you.................

Su.x

OMG Angie :cry: I am so sorry :cry: loads of vibes coming Hopes way and big hugs to you too :love: :love: :love:

She may not be the same Hope when she recovers but as long as she has a good quality of life and is not suffering.

I am thinking of you both.

Michelle

Could I send you any more money for Hopes treatment

WE ARE ALWAYS GRATEFUL FOR DONATIONS ...AND YES IT WOULD HELP ...BUT PLEASE DONT FEEL YOU HAVE TO .

THATS A LOVELY THOUGHT ALI. :D

THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR GOOD WISHES .

HOPE HAS SEEMED BRIGHTER ON HERSELF TODAY I THINK . ESPECIALY THIS MORNING . SHE SEEMED TO BE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THE GARDEN BUT COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY HER BODY DIDNT SEEM TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED :? :? SHE TRIED TO RUN UP THE GARDEN BUT HER BACK END KEPT FALLING TO ONE SIDE EVERY COUPLE OF YARDS :( THEN SHE TRIED TO HOP UP THE STEPS AND COULDNT GET HER BACK LEGS TO FOLLOW HER FRONT ONES . SHE DID IT IN THE END THOUGH :D

ONLY THING WAS I WAS SCARED OF HER HURTING HERSELF :?

bunnymadhouse said:

WE ARE ALWAYS GRATEFUL FOR DONATIONS ...AND YES IT WOULD HELP ...BUT PLEASE DONT FEEL YOU HAVE TO .

HOPE HAS SEEMED BRIGHTER ON HERSELF TODAY I THINK . ESPECIALY THIS MORNING . SHE SEEMED TO BE INTERESTED IN EXPLORING THE GARDEN BUT COULDNT UNDERSTAND WHY HER BODY DIDNT SEEM TO DO WHAT SHE WANTED :? :? SHE TRIED TO RUN UP THE GARDEN BUT HER BACK END KEPT FALLING TO ONE SIDE EVERY COUPLE OF YARDS :( THEN SHE TRIED TO HOP UP THE STEPS AND COULDNT GET HER BACK LEGS TO FOLLOW HER FRONT ONES . SHE DID IT IN THE END THOUGH :D

ONLY THING WAS I WAS SCARED OF HER HURTING HERSELF :?

I think the more she tries to do the better. Neurological 'channels' can be re-wired so-to-speak. Thats why humans who have a stroke get bullied into lots of Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy. If Hope wants to be out and about I'd let her. I am still sending mega healing vibes

Janex

bunnymadhouse said:

Aw she's my adopted bunny, i'd love to help out :D
Came you pm your addy again please, and Ill send a cheque off to you ASAP

Back