• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WHat do bunnies like?

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Hi,
Would my bunnies prefer to have part of there double storey cage with carpet of vetbed or something?
So they like having a different texture?
Also if i do put something soft down will they wee on it and forget about the litter tray?

I used vet bed in my sheds but they dont use it :roll: Depends if yours are litter trained, if they are they probably wont use the vet bed to go to the toilet.

I find whatever I buy, mine prefer to sit on top of an old cardboard box or on the floor of the shed :lol:

xx

YEs mine are litter trained! They always wee in litter tray and but not totally poo in trays!!
Mine love to sit on a cardboard box too!
Shall i get vetbed then or not?

emilyarc said:
YEs mine are litter trained! They always wee in litter tray and but not totally poo in trays!!
Mine love to sit on a cardboard box too!
Shall i get vetbed then or not?

Up to you, i know some peoples bunnies love it, it is nice and soft for them but I know a lot of peoples bunnies who just munch on it!!.

Only one way to find out :wink:

Not sure about vetbed, but my indoor bunnies have rugs down... they have 1 large one, which is going to be replaced soon, as they've been chewing it. The also have some little ones - 60x90cm 'rag-rugs' from tescos.. get this: 45p each :shock:
It says not to wash them, but I have (on it's own)...
I'm thinking of putting some of them in the outdoor hutches too, but just have to watch for chewing etc.
they should still use their litter trays - but it is more of a pain to clean them if they don't :?

Mine have pillow cases stuffed with either hay or shredded paper. They also have pieces of carpet positioned around their living area and tend to sit/lay about on these through the day.

They are litter trained so don't pee on the carpet and picking stray poo's off the carpet isn't a problem :)

Your thread title says.... "what do bunnies like?"
If you ask any of your non-bunny owner friends, the obvious answer they'll say is:
sex!
Sorry!, I really have to get back to my work that I'm avoiding , I'm in a very delirious mood today :shock:

Emily if you do choose to use vet bed, always wash it in a pillow case. It is well known to block washing machines.

How about trying a small piece of vet bed and a carpet tile in the cage and see what they prefer. Like us they are all different some prefer vet bed others carpet.

Back