• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cut bunnies feeds to once per day

karen354

Warren Veteran
I feed my 4 buns once in the morning and once at night.. The garden is now bunny proofed so they munch on the grass for a couple of hours a day, I've cut the feed down now to once in the morning.
I hope this will be okay :? bless them they are all standing by their food bowls waiting for the tea :( They have loads of hay though so I'm sure they'll manage until their morning breakfast...

I think some people feed them on only hay and grass so I suspect they should be ok...it's just convincing them! :D

I only pellet feed once a day

Last thing at night, then it's just Hay through the night and veggies when we have them

i give veggies on a morning. always have loooooads of hay & 2 x small handfuls of SS pellets (between 2 buns) on a night...

i find this way they eat LOOOOads of hay.

i feed mine pellets in the morning and give them some hay. then went i get back from school they go outside in the run for a few hours and stuff themselves on grass and hay in a tube lol.

Ruth xx

Deej has his dinner (veg and pellets) at 6.30pm! He has hay all through they day and night (if we are awake) whenever we see it is getting empty we top it up.

iv been giving my baby boys pellets in the morning and at night time they get pellets and veg.they have hay all day n night for when they want it :)
benny runs round his cage till i wake up n give him pellets at half 7 in the morning mad bunny :roll: :)

Mine have pellets in the am, loads of hay and dried grass throught the day, veg in the evening with hay supplies topped up. Shayla's teeth are really bad so her, Max, Squirrel and Thumper literally get a handful of pellets between the four of them - I have to feed them last or their sad faces make me feel guilty :oops:

Gem said:

Last thing at night, then it's just Hay through the night and veggies when we have them

ditto except i feed veggies in the evening as well...

Gem said:

I thought you fed hay and veg only?

After seeing what other people do on here Audrey now only has pellets in the morning, and veg in the evening and hay all day.

Can you feed mix like that once a day? Pippa won't eat pellets and in light of our mouse problem it would be handy to remove food sources when they're not eating the mix anyway. I'm trying to get them on pellets, MJ will take them out of your hand but not Princess Pippa :roll:

Im like Gem Pellets once a day at night and hay and grass at all other times and veggies when we have them xxx

I give mine a small handfull between them for breakfast and the same for dinner. They both seem to eat plenty of hay. Should I cut it down to once a day, given that Barney has slightly mis-alighned molars? Mind you the vet did say that pellets are good as they role around the mouth.

I feed pellets last thing at night (easy way to get them in their crate for the night. :p) They have hay and veg during the day.

I only feed once a day and the buns only have hay when they are in the runs. There is usually pellets left from the morning when they get in at night though.

I feed pippa twice per day as she is only on a hay and veg diet and i need to get vitamind and probiotics down her which she will only take on food :roll:

Well Alfred has had probs with excess caecotrophes, so he got cut down to a spoonful of dried herbs (the boredom breakers herb garden, or the jerusalem artichokes), twice a day, as he likes to have his feed in a dish.

He's now up to 5 SS pellets in his PM feed without any problems.

He eats tons of hay, gets through a carrier bagful in 2 days! but it is nice first cut hay, which is richer than some, so he probably gets all he needs from that - he doesn't look too thin anyway!

Ax

Our bunnies have been off pellets completly for a while now. I top up hay and grass morning and evening and they get their veg in the evening aswell :D

mine get a very small handfull of ss in the morning after their run and grass eating (their run is free range in the garden). then a handfull of veg in the evening after they've been out all evening eating grass again. they have hay all day too.

Back