• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of questions... Advice please

Pringle

Warren Veteran
ok got a couple of quick questions....

1. Can forky tailys do anything to a rabbit?, ive noticed there are some around Pringles run/hutch, ive seen them in his hutch before and when i lift the lid of run 9 times out o 10 one falls from it, just wasnt sure if they were harmful or could do anything to him :( and if so is there anything i can put down to get rid of them. (im not sure if forky tailys is a scottish word.. if so its earwigs i think??)

2. Since i have built the grass run onto Pringles other run he doesnt seem to use his litter tray anymore and does his poo's and wees on the grass in the corner, ive noticed its quite hard to scoop all the poo off the grass and im scared the flies go near them if i miss one or two, when i pick the poo up i quickly hose the corner down. Should i put a litter tray in this corner? i dont want to kill the grass though :roll: just dont want flies near this area, i do clean the poo everyday just ocasionally miss one or two. Or how can i get Pringle to use his litter tray again?

Thanks in advanceeee xx :)

I don't think earwigs harm rabbits, but that's just my opinion not hard fact. With regards to him peeing outside if the area is new he's probably just marking his territory. You could try putting the scooped up poos in his litter tray or maybe putting a litter tray where he's going until he feels more confident about ownership and then try and retrain him?

You could try putting a litter tray there, if you are worried about the grass could you raise it slightly so the grass can still breath but it's not too high for your bunny.

Don't know about earwigs apart from they are gross.

My beautifully litter trained bunsters forget all about it the minute their little feet touch the grass as well!! I have a litter tray for the corner of their garden run and they use it to wee in and also to poo in, but there's loads of little currants spread all over the grass. I very rarely clear them up as the run get moved every day anyway and the droppings seem to get incorporated pretty quickly, and now that summer's here the lawn mower gets rid of it.

Thanks,
Well his grass run stays n same place all time as its attached to his other run, ill try puting some in where his litter tray is just now and see if he continues to go there if not ill just keep tryin to pick them up as much as possible.

And ill try keeping the forkytailys out but if they are harmful if anyone knows please let me know. Thanks :D

He's obviously picked his loo corner, so the easiest thing to do it put the litter tray in the corner he likes. If that's not where you want it long-term then once you've put it where he wants and he's using it, gradually move the litter tray along until it's where you want.

He might like that corner because it's handy or it means he can keep his eye on the garden while he goes or just likes the look of it :)

Tam

Back