• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone had any bad experiences with vetbed in hutches???

charlie3

Warren Scout
I have a small 18" oval one for the run under the hutch and a large 28" one for part of the hutch where charlie sleeps. Up until now i've used newspaper, small amount of wood shavings and lots of hay! I'm still going to use newspaper and hay in half the hutch (especially where large litter tray is).

Just a bit worried charlie is going to chew this new vetbed and injest the fibres!! I hope he likes it just as a bed though, it's lovely stuff and feels very comfy. :D

Does anyone's rabbits chew the vetbed or are they generally ok with them?

Claire

Well, it's in the hutch now. charlie is scratching at it quite a bit but he isn't eating the fibres luckily. I hope he doesn't. He sits on it for a while, looking very comfy, but then decides to try and attack it again!! :lol:

My lot have had vet bed for years. They don't tend to chew it but on the odd occasion they do, they tend to just leave it, rather than actually eat it.

lily had a purple oval piece in her hutch and completely shredded it so took it out. decided to be brave and get another bit this time putting it inside pet carrier wit snuggle safe on top, this piece she hasn't touched!!! strange.

fi x

Rosie has chewed hers a lot but just tends to leave the bits of fluff for me to collect. How thoughtful of her :roll:

Yep, Sophie will chew a vet bed as well and actually swallow the fibre's so be careful if you bun is a chewer!! She also eats carpet... tea towels...bean bags.. naughty madam she is!

Back