• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can we have the search back please

Dasonix

Mama Doe
Hi Tamsin,

I know you are really busy and have a life away from RU but can we please have the search back ???

We had a bit of a medical Crisis with one of our Buns last week (Bunty) when she went into GI stasis. Not being able to search on here to get info was a real Bummer. She is better now but not having the search is a real loss to the site as we nobody can find the info we are looking for quickly.

I am happy to host the site or help you do the move to new software if you haven't got he time.

Please please can we get the site back working :)

I know a lot of PPl have said it before but if its just sheer DB size cull the general chat, and users that havent been online for the last 6-9 months.

Thank you

Sorry, I know it's really annoying :) The new server is paid for, I'm just waitin for it to be set up in the data centre. As soon as that's done the search will be back. I will poke them and see if I can get a time for when the setup will be done :)

Tam

Latest update is they're just putting the operating system on and it should be handed over sometime today. I've never had a dedicated server before though so no guarentees how long it takes between that and be having the forum up and running :D

Do you think it'll put the posts in the right order then - it's most confusing!! :lol:

Good luck with the transfer, hope we get the forum working back to normal soon

Back