• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and sheep

Bundle

Mama Doe
This may sound like a daft question, but my OH and I have noticed that round by us, you NEVER see wild rabbits in any field that has sheep in it. We've seen dozens of bunnies in empty fields, and have also seen them in fields where there are cows, but NEVER seen ANY in a field where there are sheep. :? Does anyone know whether there is a reason for this or is it just one of those strange things? or do rabbits just hate sheep? :? :lol:

Rabbit1.jpg

Rabbit2.jpg

:lol:

Janex

Ok so they don't hate sheep then (well at least the domesticated ones don't!) :lol: :lol: :lol: Where did you get such a fab pic Jane? :D

Bundle said:
Ok so they don't hate sheep then (well at least the domesticated ones don't!) :lol: :lol: :lol: Where did you get such a fab pic Jane? :D

Mal (my Ex) went to Amsterdam last week. Whilst there he and the wife visited a Kids Educational Park and Big-Bun and Lamb were on show. Apparently Big Bun was completely chilled and not at all bothered by all the people.

Janex

Hi,
I keep sheep and rabbits are not put off by them. Could it just be that the farmer has taken steps to keep rabbits out. Unfortunately wild rabbits are a nuisance when you keep livestock. One field I use is plagued with wild rabbits, the grass never really grows, you could never take a hay crop from it. I only keep a few sheep as a hobby but if you are trying to make a living from it it is no joke to have wild rabbits eating all your grass.
Lynn

Thanks! :D That must explain it then - the farmers somehow stopping the bunnies from coming into fields containing sheep. How would they stop them? (or is that a question I'd rather not know the answer to? :lol: :lol: )

Back