• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Muesli to Pellets?

Daisy Pants

Young Bun
This has probably already been discussed at length but the search on the site isn't working... :?:

Anyhow... how do I change my buns diet from muesli to pellets.. and which ones should I get? The new chap arriving on Saturday is already on pellets so wanted to feed them both the same.. any suggestions? Are pellets really better?

At the rescue they fed their buns alf alfa + pellets (?) do I need some of this and where can I get it?

Thanks!!

Do you know which pellets your new chap is on? It would be best to get some of these - the rescue should give you some anyway, to last a few days.
You should never change a bunny's food quickly, but change it gradually over about 10 days. Mix a small amount in with the muesli to start with, then keep increasing teh pellets/ decreasing the muesli until completely changed over.
Hope this helps.

Daisy Pants said:
This has probably already been discussed at length but the search on the site isn't working... :?:

Anyhow... how do I change my buns diet from muesli to pellets.. and which ones should I get? The new chap arriving on Saturday is already on pellets so wanted to feed them both the same.. any suggestions? Are pellets really better?

At the rescue they fed their buns alf alfa + pellets (?) do I need some of this and where can I get it?

Thanks!!
It looks like the new bun is on Allen and Page? Could this be right - from your Alfafa and pellets? Could this actually be Allen and Page?

If so ALlen and Page is a pellet feed made by a company who make Equestrian and poultry feed and is high in fiber (23%) and has probiotics in. The only problem is it mainly comes in 20kgsacks and you have to go to a supplier (like an equestrian supplier) to buy it. 20kg is a lot for just a few buns and as i understand it goes off in three months.

But you can buy it from Bunnymail. co.uk where it is repackaged into smaller amounts.

Good luck, mine refuse to eat anything but museli :roll: My new bun has gone straight on to pellets with no problems, the food he had with him had gone mouldy so I put him straight on to the pellets.

However the best way is to mix the pellets in with the mix and reduce the amount of mix every day until they're just on the pellets.

Back