• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Old Bill Please-U/D He's OK!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I think Old Bill is going to have to have yet another GA/Dental today. I am especially anxious as its obviously not Christobel who will be treating him. Donna assures me the Vet doing the Dental is compitent. But you know what I am like with trusting any Vet but Christobel.

Please send Old Bill some vibes

Janex

Poor Old Bill! wishing him lots of luck!
is there nowhere else that can do dentals w/o GA, other than where Jill has previously mentioned?

CottonMather said:
is there nowhere else that can do dentals w/o GA, other than where Jill has previously mentioned?

I often wonder about the pros and cons of a Dental without GA :? Having seen inside a Buns mouth I find it difficult to understand how a thorough dental, with re-shaping of the crowns of the molars to assure good attrition etc, can be achieved whilst Bun is awake :?
Then there is the risk of accidental soft tissue damage with the dental burr. The tissue at the back of the mouth is very vascular and I'd worry about the risk of haemorrhage :?
Also, the stress factor for the Bun. Given that stress can cause problems with GI motility :?

On balance at the moment I think the risk of a GA is one I will take. But if I could actually see a thorough Dental being done on a concious Bun I might change my mind. Although how cheek retractors and a tongue protector could be used I dont know :shock: :? :shock:

Janex

Jack's-Jane said:
CottonMather said:

I often wonder about the pros and cons of a Dental without GA :? Having seen inside a Buns mouth I find it difficult to understand how a thorough dental, with re-shaping of the crowns of the molars to assure good attrition etc, can be achieved whilst Bun is awake :?
Then there is the risk of accidental soft tissue damage with the dental burr. The tissue at the back of the mouth is very vascular and I'd worry about the risk of haemorrhage :?
Also, the stress factor for the Bun. Given that stress can cause problems with GI motility :?

On balance at the moment I think the risk of a GA is one I will take. But if I could actually see a thorough Dental being done on a concious Bun I might change my mind. Although how cheek retractors and a tongue protector could be used I dont know :shock: :? :shock:

Janex

I'm surprised they don't do it with a sedative (as is done with cats and dogs)... is there a reason for this?

Bucket loads for vibes for Old Bill , hope he is OK and makes a good recovery.

Good luck

CottonMather said:
Jack's-Jane said:
CottonMather said:

Janex

I'm surprised they don't do it with a sedative (as is done with cats and dogs)... is there a reason for this?

I am not sure but I will ask the Vet this morning. The poor girl is probably dreading seeing me anyway as I do tend to fire tons of questions at her :oops:

Janex

PHEW!! Old Bill is OK :D
He is still very sleepy but Donna says I can collect him whenever I like.

I am SO RELIEVED!!

Janex :D

Jane I am so pleased Old Bill is doing well :D :D
I have been thinking of you the past few days, just not had time to post until now(sorry :oops: )
Please give us an update when you can :D
Love Adele and the 33 Sanctuary rabbits

Back