• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Safe 2 use black bags in hutch

holder

Alpha Buck
I need to know if it safe to use a black bag stuck to the inside of a hutch where the rabbits keep weeing, i have bought a bigger litter tray & weight it down but now they are weeing all over the hutch & it is really getting bad, i keep washing it out but im scared of the flys because of the smell.
it doesn't matter where the tray goes they will wee everywhere else instead so i have stuck a black bag in there.

Or as anyone else had this problem & if so what did you do any ideas please Thank you.

I wouldn't use a blackbag as they'll probably chew it and could eat it. How about sticking lino down to the hutch base to make it easier to keep clean?

It is not advisable to use plastic around rabbits, i would certainly advocate lino instead of a black bin bag.

When I have had this problem before with rabbits, I tend to put down a few litter trays in the hutch until they settle down, usually they will in time sort themselves out a corner where they will use as a toilet.

omg thought i had finally lost it when I saw this post as I had replied to it but jane and my posts had disappeared :shock: .

Then realised it had been posted twice :lol:

Phew.................

x

Back