• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

peter rabbit can any rescues help her? vet update 11am

well ive posted twice now about poor peter but both times, the idiot that owns her backs out of letting her go to a rescue

today marie brought peter round to ours because she was caked in poo. we're having a rubbish weekend anyway. im on steroids due to a cold thats made my asthma go mad, gail has got a bug. frida has gi stasis and now zeb isnt well. but i couldnt turn her away

it took me 1 hour to clean the poo off peters bum. she was absolutelly caked in it and it stunk like a sewer. we were all nearly sick with the smell. every time we took a break she desperately tried to clean herself but she is so overweight, so mucky that she cant manage it. after i got all the poo off i eventually found her tail which is just about bald. she also has a really nasty sore under her bum which doesnt look like flystrike thankfully but still isnt good.

ive given marie a right lecture even though its her stupid 35 year old brother an dher dad who should be looking after peter. marie doesnt even live with them. the brother got peter for the kids, divorced, came home and took the bunny for when his kids visit. but she really doesnt get looked after

shes a beautiful, friendly rabbit who just deserves a proper forever home.

ive pmd barnsley animal rescue and hope they will be able to take her asap but if they cant, can someone please help? we have no room for her and no time, especially now my babies are poorly and we should be going away a week today.

am really angry about the state of that poor bunny. cant work out how she never got flystrike although suspect nothing could penetrate the huge tennis ball of poo stuck to her.

it breaks my heart, especially as i know they were hoping we would take her

we just cant though. my bunnies have to come first and right now they really need us, especially zeb and frida

i know that if peter doesnt go to rescue, she will be like this again and eventually she'll die of flystrike and its so sad

sarah i have pm d you ....

we can put her on our list but we are full to bursting at the moment .
poor girl :cry:

could no one get her to jane :?

Can anyone get her here..or near to here?
we have a waiting list but if this bun is desperate she can jump to the top.

or we can hold her and try and get her further down to Jane

maybe I could have a day trip to London?! :D

im just waiting to hear back from marie now

really appreciate all offers. peter going to vets in morning. will then let you all know whats going on and try to sort a bunny run.

with all that peter has gone through id like her to be in a forever home and just worry that she will be hard to rehome due to her dewlap and age. id like her to really go to janes

will update tomorrow about vet visit.

sarah. :D

Hi Guys - I'd do a bunny run to Jill's for her... could also keep her with me for a few days if need be, let me know if this helps
Faye

Gail has very kindly said she will go with Marie and Peter to nottingham, if Faye can take her to Jills, and then take it from there.

It will have to be saturday as gail works full time. i will make sure that peter is clean again by then.

Hopefully something happy will come out of this for Peter.

Thanks again

If Peter goes to Jill then I will send a sponsorship donation. I am also full here but would have made room for Peter in an emergency.
I am also on stand-by to do an urgent Foster for ARC within the next couple of weeks so if Jill takes Peter it would be great. Jill will make sure Peter is restored to health :D
The offer to take Peter does still stand if Jill cant

Janex

jane there is no need for you to make a donation - you have already done enough :D , i will be making sure that peters current owner donates something although poor marie herself is paying the vet this morning

when i hear from marie this morning i will let you all know whats gone one

sarah. :)

sarahbarnsley said:
jane there is no need for you to make a donation - you have already done enough :D , i will be making sure that peters current owner donates something although poor marie herself is paying the vet this morning

when i hear from marie this morning i will let you all know whats gone one

sarah. :)

Between all of us we can make sure Peter Rabbit will be OK :)

Janex

Poor Peter, I hope she can be helped :(

My bun Teddy is a flystrike survivor and came caked in poo :( The vet has shaved his bum and I've put him on a hay diet with a few pellets and his mucky bum seems to have disappeared!! Just goes to show with a bit of tlc Peter will be fine

Fingers crossed they let her go to a rescue this time

I am pleased Peter is going to someone who can give all the tlc she needs. Its great how everyone works in a team too. :) Hope this story has a happy ending. x

Just spoken to Marie. Peter is going to the main branch as the wound has got some maggots on the surface. the vet is confident there is no penetration - they've obviously been in the poo that i removed but she needs sedating to have a good check.

marie has had to pay over £100 to the vets today - her dad is claiming poverty but its not maries fault at the end of the day and she's not well off herself :(

the vet says that as she was taken to her in good time she should be ok. im glad we cleaned her when we got chance.

if all is well, then hopefully peter will be going to a temporary home asap until we can start the bunny run on saturday.

thanks again everyone for your help - marie & gail & I really appreciate it :) :) :) And of course "little" Peter does too :)

The thing that angers me out of all this is that i've been warning them about flystrike for months now and i even gave them some rearguard - which has never been used :( Marie works full time and can only go see her parents on a weekend generally so she's been struggling to sort Peter out when really her brother & parents should have been doing it. She's worried that you will all think ill of her and i know in the past i've ranted about her, but she has gone out of her way to help Peter - so glad she brought her to mine yesterday :)

Back