• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What if I lose them?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Really worrying about my bunnies today. Despite all the dramas, for some reason I have never really properly contemplated the idea that I might actually lose these bunnies... until today. :( I am constantly on poo watch, can't seem to stop the medication or they go rapidly downhill, and the vet thinks EC might have given them both permanent damage which causes their guts to stop working.

So today I am feeling really depressed and morbid and thinking what if I lose one or both of them?? :( :cry: The one I'm most worried about is Dusty. If I lose one I seriously don't think I could go through all this again and get another bunny, but I couldn't just leave Clover on her own. :(

Anyway, I need to snap out of it and get on with trying to get them well. Sorry to waffle on - just need to let it out today. :(

Oh no, god that worry is awful isn't it :cry: .

You're doing everything you can for them and they are very lucky xx

I know how helpless you must feel...
maybe you could give them extra pats & cuddles and bunny talk thruout the day to encourage their will to make it thru?
xx

Thanks so much. :)

Think I need to go away and do something else for a while - my head is spinning with it all and I keep standing staring at the bunnies. :(

Awwww Sarah :cry: It's such an awful thought isn't it :cry: So sorry you've been having such a run of problems with them, you really do seem to be so unlucky! Maybe there's also a genetic element to it in some way, as it seems really unusual for the pair of them to be experiencing exactly the same things doesn't it :?

Big hugs to you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aww it must be horrible for you and so worrying, I'm sending every vibe I can for you and your bunnies xx

Thank you. :) Dusty has hardly produced any poos all day - still eating etc, but very small and not many poos. Every time I try to reduce the dose of the Metoclop this happens, so think I'll stick to what works.

She is getting seriously fed up with me rubbing her tummy and just basically staring at her and telling her to poo! :shock: :lol:

Hope things are ok Sarah. When the recovery is taking ages, and they are eating a little on their own, I tend to do 2-3 syringe feeds a day to keep my mind at ease, as well as the meds. Sounds terrible, but that way I know there is something in their tummies and I don't have to watch them all the time as it was seriously getting me down.

Your bunnies will tell you how they are feeling about things. You are doing a great job by them and hopefully it will sort out over time.

Fiona x

I have been following your threads and I'm sorry you've had so much worry with your bunnies. It must be a nightmare for you :(

Hoping for easier times ahead for all of you x

You've had such a hard time with them, and cared for them so well. It must be exhausting to have this all the time. I know what Squidgy was like after his neuter, and I wouldn't want to have to go through that too often.
Sending you lots of hugs.

Back