• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOPE......what next.....

Back or front feet?

BACK FEET .

I VE BATHED THEM AS BEST I COULD . SHE WAS VERY WRIGGLY AND I WAS SO SCARED OF HER HURTING HER BACK .

WILL KEEP HER IN THE PLAYHOUSE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AND IF NO BETTER ...BACK TO THE VETS WE GO . :cry:

SHOULD I PUT SOMETHING ON THEM OR LEAVE THEM ALONE :? ?
IM SO :censored: :censored: FED UP . :cry:

What has caused it? Do you have access to grass? That would be good for her feet if they are sore. You could try putting a thin layer of nappy rash cream on(sudocream or similar) or even vaseline. And a drop of metacam every morning for the pain.

bunnymadhouse said:
Back or front feet?

BACK FEET .

I VE BATHED THEM AS BEST I COULD . SHE WAS VERY WRIGGLY AND I WAS SO SCARED OF HER HURTING HER BACK .

WILL KEEP HER IN THE PLAYHOUSE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AND IF NO BETTER ...BACK TO THE VETS WE GO . :cry:

SHOULD I PUT SOMETHING ON THEM OR LEAVE THEM ALONE :? ?
IM SO :censored: :censored: FED UP . :cry:

I would keep her on Vetbed and towels. She's already on abx isnt she :?
If so that should cover her for any possible infection if the skin is broken.
FLAMAZINE, is a useful cream for sore hocks/feet. It is prescription only though. Aloe Vera Gel is very soothing. This is a good one

http://www.aloehealthuk.com/store/products_detail.asp?product=55061

Poor Hope :cry:

Janex

Oh Angie poor Hope.

All our thoughts are with you both.

Sudacrem should be OK for her feet, poor little mite.

Michelle

Hope seems brighter on herself today .

been sneezing a bit but not seen anything coming from her nose . :?

shes been out for a little while (spread out some old sleeping bags on the concrete to protect her poorly feet.)

Hi Angie

Am I correct in thinking Hope is an elderbun?

One of my elderbuns, Sh!tty, has recently started to suffer from sore hocks despite it never being a problem before. In Sh!tty's case I'm sure it was caused by a combination of urinary incontinence and severe arthritis.

I found that Dermasol cream (from the vet) soothed the infection, but I'm not sure if it's OK to use on skin that is actually bleeding.

Hope that Hope improves :D

Back