• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RABBIT UNION CALENDAR 2008

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Willow_Warren

Good day to you all…

I know it’s only early in the year but I’m talking about calendars already!!! There’s nothing like being prepared!!!

What I plan on organising is a Rabbit Union Calendar for 2008. But I will need input from you lot to get it on it’s feet!

THE PHOTOGRAPHS:
Well I’m a keen photographer so would like to use some of my own photographs as well as some from some photography pals I know – if that’s ok with you lot?

Also I would like some photos from members here – so get snapping!

THE MONEY
Well I’ll be selling calendars, but I will not be making any profit from them! As yet I haven’t contacted any rescues to benefit from the calendar, but will be doing so in the near future (and this will all be finalised before any calendars are sold – so no worries before you part with your money you will know where it will be going). If you run a rescue and would like to be involved please PM me (I could always come and take some photos of the bunnies for you ;-) )

THE CALENDARS
A4 Portrait (just like this one, but of course with rabbit photos):
Calendar002b.jpg

Selling at about £8-9 (with £3-4 going to charity) - final figures will be published at a later date.

And CD calendar:
Calendar001b.jpg

About £5-6 (with £2-3 going to charity) – final figures will be published at a later date.

Sorry about the quality of the photos but I took them on the desk at my work.

WHAT TO DO NOW?
Well I just want to know what all you guys think about the idea? Like it?

Charge the batteries and get taking photos – I know you all do anyhow!

Many Thanks

Hannah (Willow_Warren)[/quote]

Great idea! I always buy bunny calendars and if this one is giving the money to rabbit rescues even better! :D

I'm just giving this a personal little bumpty bump!! I am looking for photos so if you have any you would like to be considered just pm or email me (email address is available through my web site).

I've still got to get around to contacting some rescues I've just been busy with my new job (not so easy to surf whilst at work these days!!).

Thanks

H

I thought I would take the time to update you on the progress of the calendar:

I have 2 rescues on board with this:

Honeybunnies in Leicestershire &
The Rabbit Residence in Hertfordshire

I've asked a third rescue and am awaiting confirmation from them.

Whilst I plan for half the photos to come from the rescue themselves I would like some of the photos to come from you guys as well (esp if you have adopted from one of the above rescues). If you would like you photo to be considered for the calendar then please email it to me at:
hannah@ford-photography.co.uk (putting RU Calendar in the title).

Landscape format it best & the larger the file size the better.

There is no rush for photos just yet, it's only June - I don't plan on finalising the calendar until October time so you have at least until the end of September to submit your photos.

(in emailing it to me you are allowing me to use the photo in the calendars as detailed above, where full credit will be given & I may post them on this forum in relation to the caledar only - however I will not use them for any other purpose).

Many thanks

Hannah

Are you planning on one picture per page, Willow_Warren?

Neil

Yes one pic per page/month, then a montage for the front cover.

Once the calendar in finalised the calendar I may offer the option of some of the photos being swaped for photos of your own bunnies (should they not make the calendar) for a small extra fee - all of which will go into the charity fund.

Regards

Hannah

Just thought I would give an update on the calendar…and perhaps an idea of what it may look like!

These aren’t necessarily the final photos that will be used, and I haven’t got permission for a few of them yet!

JANUARY
This is Honey, another “honeybunny”, was being fostered by Doncat5 when this photo was originally posted, not sure if she’s still there now? Oh I have permission to use this one :D
JanSmall.jpg

FEBRUARY
Sarah’s Wolfie and Tucs eating grass (not a member of RU)
FebSma.jpg

MARCH
This is a HoneyBunny called Autumn I’m sure most people have seen here in the rabbits in need section. Not asked Jill if I can use this photo yet ;)
MarSmall.jpg

APRIL:
This is a photo taken by “Sally1974” – permission not yet gained to use this photo. :oops:
AprSmall.jpg

Thanks for taking a look :D

It's a really good idea! Are you planning to 'theme' the photos for the months? Like a bunny with daffodils in march etc?

It's a really good idea! Are you planning to 'theme' the photos for the months? Like a bunny with daffodils in march etc?

That really depends on what photos I have available? If there are some that obviously "go" with a certain month then I will put them there, otherwise it will be 12 random pics (all cute of course!!)

Hannah

:wave: This is a great idea, I'd definitely buy one. :D

I like the idea of paying an extra fee to have a photo of our own bunnies being substituted if they don't make the calendar :thumb:

I'm not sure if I'll have any photos good enough, but I'll get snapping :)

Back