• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I DONT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may remember my recent rant about the neighbours HUMUNGOUS BBQ that billows plumes of smoke across everyone's garden. Well, today I am told they are getting their 18 MONTH OLD daughter 2 Rabbits :roll: :x They have built a hutch NEXT TO THE :censored: BBQ :shock: :shock:

I have just peaked over their fence and sure enough the (small) hutch is attached to a shed next to the BBQ............

OMG :shock: :? :shock:

Janex

Some people! :roll: :evil: :evil: As if it's not bad enough getting rabbits as pets for a BABY!!!!! :x :x they put it right next to a pollution source!! :x :x FFS!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Look on the bright side - they are very close to a limitless source of excellent advice. I'd start grooming them if I were you (not in a rabbit sense, of course. I am not suggesting that you lick their heads next time you see them)

I am going to drop some RWA Care leaflets into them along with the Care Leaflet Christobel compiled for her clients Buns.
I just hope they get 2 Does as they 'dont believe in neutering Pets'.....

Tree I think there is as much chance of them taking the Buns indoors at BBQ time as there is of me flying to the moon!! :lol:
They dont even allow their Cat indoors. Not that he's bovvered as he's always off bonking :roll:

Janex

Can you not try to persuade them that 2 guinea pigs would make more suitable pets - I'm not advocating piggies for small children, but if they're hellbent on getting her a pet in a small hutch piggies do tend to do better than rabbits and aren't so aggressive.

Otherwise, just wait a couple of months until the kid gets a nasty bite or scratch from the rabbit and you'll probably get another couple of additions :roll:

That will be nice for the bunnies wont it (Not). mmmmmm lovely smoke going in the eyes and down there lungs.

kayjay said:
Otherwise, just wait a couple of months until the kid gets a nasty bite or scratch from the rabbit and you'll probably get another couple of additions :roll:

Exactly what I thought!! They are getting the Buns from a friend who 'decided to breed from their two to show the children what baby rabbits are like'.......

Hey-ho :roll:

Janex

CrazyBun said:
I'd start grooming them if I were you (not in a rabbit sense, of course. I am not suggesting that you lick their heads next time you see them)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do doubt the buns will nip or scratch someone and that little hutch will be left over the other side of the fence! Watch out Jane! Poor ickle buns! :cry: Heres hoping they don't get a brother and sister! :shock: Or two bucks for that matter!

Well when I have BBQ's I like to let my buns out so my friends see them all binkying and happy and plus they all get half a hotdog (veggie sausage dont worry!) with onions and ketchup each and they wouldn't want to miss that so :thumb:

Oh no.

Jane, be careful, this will drive you mad with worry. I am obsessive about checking my neighbours rabbit through the fence and feel terrible for it. I even hang around in my garden waiting for them to come out . :oops:

Fionabun said:
Oh no.

Jane, be careful, this will drive you mad with worry. I am obsessive about checking my neighbours rabbit through the fence and feel terrible for it. I even hang around in my garden waiting for them to come out . :oops:

I've stopped asking about other people's rabbits as it upsets me when I see them ignored in a hutch :(

A friend yesterday asked me to go round and have a look at her bun and his setup to improve it, which I thought a really nice thing to think about her bun like that. He was a gorgeous Dwarf Lop, the hutch was a bit small but I suggested attaching a run to the front of it to extend his living space, I also gave her the link to RU :)

Most people think I'm potty though :(

One lady has two rabbits living 'free' in her garden in a burrow which sounds a nice life for them except they keep escaping onto the road :? Another one has a dwarf lop in a 4ft hutch no run, which didn't look big enough when she was a baby, god knows how small it looks now :( So I don't ask, then I don't know :lol:

Let them know all the expenses as it might put them off! I know people think i am mad as if i find someone has a rabbit i start my welfare speech. Most people honestly know nothing :shock:

:( thats sad, people up the road gots their kids a bunny and piggie and the bunny bit one of the children so they got rid of it... they then went on to get a dalmation puppy, they went away for the weekend and left him on his own and he got out thru the magnetic catflap and couldnt get back in so the people across the road took him in for the weekend. they then got rid of him :cry: some people make me mad :evil:

Never mind buying a "pet", people like this should just buy themselves a clue. :roll:

There should be checks done on every person wishing to take on the responsibility of another life. I suppose in reality it would take a lot to enforce, but surely animal rescues etc. would have to devote less time & resources if people were correctly vetted in the first place. Prevention is better than cure.

Back